Lasting Memories: Mipha

Mipha's POV
I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Even though looking back at all of these memories has comforted me quite a bit, I still needed a moment to compose myself. My mind is just filled with a mess of emotions.

I took a step forward and looked around at the crowd one last time before beginning. "It was very hard for me to just pick one memory of my father. There are so many moments with him that I loved. As I was thinking of what to say for my speech these past few days, I started to think about my mother, Queen Alanna." I took a moment to read the crowd. Everyone seemed even more somber when I mentioned my mother. Everyone loved her just as much as they loved my father. "Then I remembered that at her funeral, I never shared a memory about her. I was young at the time and absolutely refused to speak in front of a big audience like this. So, I decided that my story will be about both my mother and father." I took one last deep breath and relaxed my posture. "It was a long time ago. Father was only about as tall as Sidon is today, I was a young child, and Sidon had only been born six months prior..."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Younger Mipha's POV
I joyfully ran around the throne room, trying to get away from the 'monster' behind me. "You can't catch me!" I giggled.

"Rah!" Father caught up to me and scooped me up with his big, strong hands. "Now I can finally have something to eat!" He started tickling me and I began to squirm and laugh uncontrollably in his arms.

"AH! I'M NOT FOOD!"

"What? Did my food just talk?" He stopped tickling me and held me out in front of him. "Hmm, then what are you then?" He looked at me curiously.

"Not food that's for sure!" I folded my arms and nodded.

"Are you... an instrument?" He pulled me close to him again and started to tickle my belly.

"No!" I laughed.

"Then how about... a bird!" He held me back out again and spun me around in circles.

"I'm no bird!" I giggled.

"Then what are you then?"

"I'm Mipha, the Zora Princess!"

"The princess?! Oh no!" He dropped me down and started to slowly run away from me.

"I'm gonna get you!" I caught up to him and lightly punched his leg. He then softly fell to the ground. I jumped onto his side and I could here him slightly grunt."Take that you monster!" I pointed my finger at him. "No one messes with me!"

"Now what on Hyrule is going on in here?" I happily turned around to see mother gracefully walking in. The length of her navy blue, thin, transparent cloak travelled behind her. The blue color greatly contrasted with her rose-red scales. Sidon slept soundly in her arms. She gasped, "Oh, has the beast been defeated?"

"Yes he has!" I nodded proudly.

Mother walked over to me and kissed my forehead, "That's my girl!"

Father sat up and I slid down next to him. "May I?" He held his hands out to mother and she nodded. She carefully transferred Sidon over into his arms. Father rocked him ever so slightly.

As I looked between Sidon and father. I began to realize how drastic the size difference was. Sidon could fit in the palm of father's hand! "He's so small," I commented.

"He may be now," mother kneeled down next to me, "but I guarantee that he will grow up to be as big and strong as your father one day."

Father glanced up at her and shook his head slightly, "You flatter me, dear."