Chapter 5

Third Person P.O.V~

   Ace sat there rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, a blush evident on his face. The blush was also clear on your face as you stared into the ambers that have hunted your dreams for many years. "We should get some sleep?"
   "Good idea" you stroll over to your tent, remembering you have a bunk bubbly tonight, making your blush deepen. "Looks like we'll be sharing tonight" you comment before walking into the tent. Moving the blanket before jumping in, Ace strolled over to the other side of the bed, taking off his boots and precious hat, he shifted under the covers, sneaking his way over to you.
You flinch at his warm touch when he wrapped his arms around your waist and pressed himself against you. His warm breath on the back of your neck made your whole spine tingle, you tried to ignore him, but he was set on his mission to bring you back and that means making you his.
You snorted as a sign to get to sleep, but you gasp when something hot and wet slide up your scorched neck, with a few nips on the mark and your ear, causing you to fidget and shuffle around. You bit your lips trying not to think dirty as he continued to use long tongue strokes up your neck.

   His hot breath brushed your ear when he chuckled at your reaction. "Ace would you quite it already?!" He moved his arms around you, forcing you to roll over and look at him. His dark copper ore eyes were reading everything about you, one hand moved under your chin, lifting your head up the slightest bit before leaning in with a warm passionate kiss.
   After a few seconds he broke the kiss with an idiot grin on his face "Not until you agree to come back with me" you looked down for a moment in thought, it was easy to see you two were in love but with you aboard the ship, it could bring some serious danger towards the crew. With you, being you didn't want that.
   "I'm not sure Ace... I could put the crew and you at risk, I don't want that." Your hands were clinging onto his shoulders as your head rested in his warm chest. Ace could see the confusion on your face and decided on something "How about I wait until morning for an answer?" You looked up at him and smile with a nod, giving a quick peck on the lips, then going to sleep.

Time Skip~~~~~

   The sunlight took its sweet time to reach Ace's face, causing him to stir and eventually wake up. He got up and yawned while stretching before looking over to where you once were sleeping. His head turns with his eyes darting around the room for any sign of you, but instead, he picked up the scent of food.
   He threw on his shoes and hat, before heading out of the tent to see you cooking up breakfast by the fire. Your eyes often drifted towards the flames, watching the red mix with orange combined with the small amounts of yellow, here and there. Fire always made your skin crawl, but yet it made you calm and toasty.
   "Morning sleepy head" you called out to Ace as he removed his hat to brush his fingers through his black silky locks. He walks over to you with a smile placing his prized hat on top of your head.
   "What do you know, it suits you" your hand brushed the front of the hat, with a smile gracing your lips.
   "I never was one for wearing warm colours"
   "I think it suits you, you should wear them more often" you take the hat off and placed it on Ace's head with a smirk "Nah, I'm not a hothead like you, it suits better" you start laughing a little joke you made, Ace only grinned and quirked an eyebrow.
"Alright you asked for it" Ace pounced on you and started tickling, you burst into giggle fits as he tickled one either side of your waist.
   "Pl--- Please--- s-- st---- stop--- I--- ca-- can't ---- breathe" you managed to say through gasping for breath. Ace stopped with that idiot grin on his face and his hand reached out to you as you laid on the ground still gaining air.
   "By the way, I'm still waiting for my answer" you take his hand and he pulled you up to your feet with one swift motion. His eyes were locked with yours, the tension was high, your heartbeat increased. You could hear it beating and you were pretty sure Ace could hear it too. You toke a deep breath and made your final decision
   "Ace I......"