XX - Making Up

(Y/n)'s POV

The warm water from the shower was raining down on your naked body, cleaning your skin from the remains of what had been a very naughty and passionate night, while you mumbled the music that was stuck in your head, the one you were due to perform a few days later at the exact restaurant you and Sarah had met just a couple days before.

- "Hey!" - Sarah announces tearing you away from your thoughts, opening the door slightly, knowing you probably still wouldn't want to be exposed to her she adds, - "So Ryan just texted back, he's coming by in half an hour so we can talk."

- "Kayyy..." - you answer trying to seem enthusiastic and hide the awkwardness of talking through a door.

- "Hurry up" - she adds chuckling, - "I need to shower too..."

- "Well..." - you say cheekily. - "Why don't you join me?" - you whisper acknowledging the weight of those words.

- "Really?" - She whispers back, unbelieving.

- "Yes... We can save water... and time..." - you say nervously.

The bathroom door opens slightly more, very slowly, giving you a chance to back down on the idea. You remain facing the showerhead wall but your curiosity leads you to perceive a feminine shape on the frosted glass undressing herself. You take a few deep breaths and sense her entering the space behind you.

- "Hey gorgeous..." - She whispers on your ear while hugging you from behind, waist to waist. You blush profusely, not being used to the idea of being uncovered. Her lips settle on your neck and spread kisses on your shoulder blades. You release a few whimpers that make her smile against your skin. - "You know, we don't have the time..."

- "I know... I'm actually ready... I just really wanted to feel you naked and wet..." - you answer, turning to her and wrapping your arms around her neck, taking her by surprise with a passionate kiss.

- "Well... You've had me naked and wet before, baby." - she whispers at your ear, and you chuckle. That moment you hear your phone ringing in the adjacent bedroom.

- "Well, I should take that... So now, you hurry, I'm going to roll one, shake my nerves off of this!" - you say, knowing it was probably a scholarship related call you were expecting.

***

Sarah's POV

Y/n and you were having a lot of fun and romance, already a bit high given that you shared a joint after showering. Between making out sessions and dancing around the kitchen island, you both were cooking a meal together to receive Ryan for the second time this weekend at your place. You knew Y/n was hesitant about Ryan's presence, understandingly so, after the raging events of the scene he caused the first time. As soon as the bell rang, you noticed your lovers heart skipping a bit, getting hit by a wave of almost instant regret, her naturally rosy cheeks turning completely pale.

- "Don't worry..."- You say, taking her cheeks in your hands and pecking her lips, trying to reassure her. - "I'm taking him to the garden so we can speak privately for a few minutes, when and if, everything is resolved, I'll come by to let you know and we'll set the table outside... Is that okay?" you ask, wanting to make sure, she'd be comfortable with waiting alone.

- "Someone has to keep an eye on the oven, right?"- she answers rhetorically and with a wide smile, clearly relieved that you were handling it without her intervention. "Go... He's waiting for you..." she adds with a kiss, while another set of bell ringing noises could be heard, and so you head for the door after winking at your newly found lover.

Neither you nor Ryan had the usual joyful reaction that you are accustomed to, when you open up the door to each other. Ryan didn't dare to mutter a word after locking eyes with you, and without knowing how to undo that awkward silence that was installing between the two of you, you moved out of the way and with a gentle tilt of your head you signalled him to follow you to the outside space.