III - This is complicated

(Y/n) POV

You knocked on the manager's door, with a bit of uncertainty given that you could listen to her talk out loud from outside the office, but her response was almost immediate. You peeked inside the office and she asked you to wait a couple of minutes, realizing who you were, as she was finishing a phone call and wanted to talk to you properly after. You step outside again, attending to her request.

With your mind still running at a hundred miles per hour, you still couldn't figure out why that woman got you so worked up. Sure, she was probably one of the most beautiful creatures you had ever seen, but any other person who would have mislead you the way she did, would be in the furthest possible corner of your mind right now. So why wasn't she? 'I mean, the kiss was good.' You thought to yourself, downplaying it, trying to swipe it under the rug of your consciousness as something that meant nothing. 'Holy fuck... Who am I kidding? That was the best kiss of my life...' You started walking around in circles since you didn't know where to turn your mind to. You wanted nothing to do with that cheating person ever again but at the same time you couldn't wait to re-taste those lips. 'Was that cherry chopstick? Oh, Stop it! C'mon (Y/n), you know better than to get hung up on unobtainable middle-aged women that would probably use you as a discardable toy anyway!' You finally growled to yourself, realizing that more than a couple of minutes have passed since you were asked to wait. But do you, know better. Do you really?

Finally, the door to the office opens and the woman comes out, standing on the outside and starts shaking your hand apologizing for taking longer than she initially predicted. Realizing how nervous you are, she lets off a sweet smile that puts you a bit more at ease. As you are about to start heading inside, after she signalled you with her arm for you to follow, you hear someone shout out something.

- "Wait!" – someone screamed, apparently a bit louder than they originally meant, because the same voice broke as it continued. – "I need to talk to you."

You took a step back, looking outside the office. It was Sarah. She was fast walking down the corridor to try and reach you before you entered.

- "Get away from me...." – you burped out whisper shouting, as you were shaking your head, showing you weren't interested in what she had to say.

- "Please, let me explain... Please." – she begged as she finally approached the entrance. But because she needed to be careful not to trip down those incredible black high heels she was wearing (which gave you sexy goosebumps just to watch), it took her longer to reach you, than it took you to close the door, which you managed to do precisely in her face.

- "Wasn't that for you?" – The manager asks sitting down at her desk, not having heard your response to Sarah.

- "Yes, but it's not important... Don't worry." – You tried to pretend it didn't bother you, while you crossed the cosy area to sit down in one of the two comfy chairs in front of her.

- "Sounded important." – She insisted

- "Well, nothing is more important than finding out if I got the job..." – You keep on trying to deflect the subject, fiddling with your fingers...

- "Well then lets not wait any longer, shall we? When can you start?" – She says showing off a huge smile, responding to your very wide-open eyes.

- "No words?" – She chuckles as she hands you your contract...

---

As you were leaving Sarah was still waiting by the door, which surprised you because the meeting took a while, discussing schedules and your deliciously unusual robust pay check...

- "We need to talk."-she shoots as soon as you shut the door.

"No, we don't!" – You fight back. - "Leave me alone, I don't have anything to say to you." – Your words sound just as you feel, hurt.