In the Depths (Part 2)

He returned at night to find you asleep on the lounge chair.

Like the seas after a storm his temper had calmed down some.

He found it interesting how much you curled into yourself whilst asleep. You looked so small and fragile.

His arms gently scooped you into him as he carried you to a proper room.

You turned inward leaning your head against his chest causing him to look down at you as he walked.

He had always noticed small details about you. How you were so vulnerable to the world and its cruelties. Rather than fighting against them you rather chose to endure it until it broke you.

It angered him. Why not fight. Fighting solved most of his problems. And How come Hermes never offered you the proper support you needed either? He was always there to play with you like some toy but when it came down to the nitty gritty he was nowhere to be found.

How hard is that to ask Hermes he glared picturing his face in his mind.

Unfortunately you got swept up with him from the beginning. He never saw you two as a suiting pair and after this evenings events he couldn't agree more.

That bastard snaked his way into her life from the start. Got his hooks in deep before she could recognize when a wolf is wearing a sheep's coat.

He chose not to rest that night and rather hung about gazing out the windows and occasionally glancing to your sleeping form to make sure you were comfortable.

He gave you his own bed.

~

When morning arrived you noticed you were in a different room. Its layout was extravagant. Glancing around at all the towering statues and golden etchings on the walls you got the idea this was Poseidon's own bedroom.

Your nerves rose slightly as you shifted in the aqua blue sheets. The material was not of the mortal realm. It's fabrics were almost a liquid of their own being so fine and slippery.

On the edge of the bed there was a dress laid out for you. You glanced underneath realizing you were still bare.

He was nowhere in sight so you snuck out from the sheets taking the dress. You examined it slightly before stepping into it.

~~

You stood at the door with hesitation. Those piercing blue eyes rang through your mind. You had to breath in a bit before finally gaining the nerves to pull open the heavy door.

You prayed in your mind no harm would come to you as you quietly stepped into the halls.

You walked through the glimmering passageways as various lights reflected off you.

Poseidon was silent as he sat at an elongated table. His expression was bored and his head was leaned on his hand as though he'd been waiting like that.

You didn't know how to approach him as he was incredulously intimidating.

You stopped short at the end of the table across from him feeling safer from this distance.