In the Depths (Part 7)

~

Your body tensed as you felt Poseidon standing from in the doorway.

Your eyes were focused on the fountain as you still had mixed feelings about the God.

He walked up beside you and stopped to stare at the statue too.

You glanced at him from the side and saw how expressionless he were.

There was a small silence.

"You never told me the statue was of me" your voice was a sad whisper.

He must have destroyed it in a fury to finding you with Hermes.

He looked over at you from the corner of his eye stunned that you knew that. 

How did she find that out he wondered.

He didn't say anything but rather continued to stare at the broken marble.

"Poseidon?" You suddenly asked hand fiddling with the fabric on your neck. 

He noticed your evasive behavior when he looked down over his shoulder at you. 

He didn't answer but you could tell he awaited your question.

"How did you know to come save me when I was.. drowning " You were almost ashamed to bring it up.

"You called out to me" he stated without hesitation.

Your eyes widened in disbelief from what he'd said.

A strong ray of light momentarily pierced through the waves over the two of you.

His silhouette was glowing and you froze for a second taking in the sight of him. No matter how long you were around him you couldn't get used to it.

He noticed this.

"What do you mean?" you furrowed your brow in denial. 

That day you jumped you never recalled doing such a thing. 

He was silent as he continued to look at you.

"It may have been so much as a subconscious thought. A prayer even. I saw you in my mind reaching out and immediately came"

For once your eyes fully met his and you gulped with slight worry he'd take offence to it.

You quickly looked away for you were still frightened of him. This was the longest you'd ever spoken with the God of the Sea.

Why not Hermes? He was right there.. you wondered searching your mind for answers.

Poseidon faced you fully. Your blood rushed with adrenaline as he towered over you in height. 

"It seems you knew I'd answer"

His directness took you back and he made you shy.