3. MOM ?

Daksh sat in my lap giving Tarika a smile.

'Papa' he said in his cute, childish tone which made me smile brightly.

I saw my wife coming downstairs and halting at her place suddenly. Daksh kissed my cheek and embraced me tightly.

'Itna shock laga tumhe mujhe yaha dekhkar..? Tumhe khushi nahi hui jaan..?' I thought seeing her bewildered expression.

She came downstairs but she didn't said a word and left to kitchen. Abhijeet sir and Tarika looked at each other giving a bitter expression. I thought that my wife was upset with her brother and sister-in-law for allowing us inside the house.

'Abhijeet, I'm really sorry.. Mujhe vo sab nahi kehna chahiye tha..' Daya sir said coming infront of us.

'Daya, mai un baaton ko bhul chuka hu.. Isliye vaapis ghar aa gaya.. Ab please tum bhi un baaton ko bhul jao aur phir se ek naya start karte hai hum sab..' Abhijeet sir said.

'Ghar vaapis aa gaye ka kya matlab hai..? Oh God..!!! Iska matlab Daya sir ne kuch aisa bola jiski wajah se Abhijeet sir, Tarika aur Aadi (Abhirika's son) ghar chod ke chale gaye..' I thought nodding my head in no.

Daya sir looked at Shreya and then at Muskaan, but didn't say anything. He just left from there to his room. Abhijeet sir and Tarika turned towards us.

'Tum log fresh ho jao.. Mai khaana bana deti hu.. Bahut thak gaye honge na tum log.. Bachchhe bhi booke honge..' Tarika said.

I left to our room to get freshened up. Still, everything was the same, not even a little change was done in that room. Our marriage photo was still hanging on the wall above the bed. Her smile in that pic brought a faint smile on my face.

I quickly went inside washroom to take a hot shower

I quickly went inside washroom to take a hot shower. The warm water soothed my tired body. I felt as I would take a nap after the bath. As soon as I came outside, I saw Purvi, my wife standing near the wardrobe.

I came outside the washroom after taking a bath wrapped in a towel and find Purvi standing near the wardrobe selecting a dress for me.

I was amazed and super excited to see that she was selecting a dress for me. I hugged her from behind and rotated my head a bit so that water droplets on my hair can fall on her which really irritates her a lot.

She broke the hug and then hit my arm playfully while I smile looking at her annoyed face. I then apologized my wife and she gave me my dress. I quickly got ready, kissed her cheek and then went downstairs for having breakfast.

I came out of my thoughts and then saw her standing near the wardrobe still. I went near her and was about to hug her from behind when she turned towards me. She got a tremor for a moment and then she realised it was me.

She gazed to the other side avoiding her gaze on me. I understood this well. Before I can say something, she pushed me aside and left from there in such a hurry that I couldn't grab her hand. I made a fist controlling my anger and quickly wore my clothes.

I came downstairs to have my dinner. I wished that my wife would serve me, but then she was upset with me, so obviously, I served myself. After the dinner, I went towards my room.

Purvi was still downstairs doing the dishes, actually its an excuse to avoid me for sometime. I sat on the bed waiting for her hoping that we could have a talk.

But then, a phone call brought me out from my thoughts. I was about to pick the call when Purvi came and took her phone and went to the balcony to talk. I just looked at the table beside the bed and saw a photograph.

'Mom

'Mom..??!!!' I read and was shocked because as far as I remember, we don't have any kids.

'Kavin, mujhe aapko kuch batana hai..'

I recalled Purvi's words 8 years ago. I became speechless and my eyes brimmed up with happy tears. I wiped my tears and went to the balcony with the photograph.

_______________________________________________

Updated only because of khushu444. Next chapter will be updated after 35+ votes. Also, if u like my edits, do comment and let me know how my edits are.