𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 & 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

|| 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐨' 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 ||
006

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 ||
007

ꨄ︎

tanjiro kamado pov

the reason i was able to start winning, was after i started to be able to smell the "line of interval". when i am fighting if i am able to detect that smell, then i can see the lines.

the lines connect my blade to the opponent's slight pause in their movements and the moment i see it, the lines become taut. my blade will then be guided by the line and slice into that interval.

i let out a small pant as i stared widely at the boulder i had manage to slice. i knew that it was sabito's mask that i had cut and not the boulder, what happened?

"tanjiro!!" i heard a squeal from the side, i look up and noticed y/n running towards my direction and on her arms laid rokuta who had been waving his arms for me to notice him.

"y/n, rokuta." i said as i stood straight and my body faced them.

y/n then congratulated me, she then talked about how awesome it was for me to struck first which leaves rokuta mesmerized by it, and that she was a bit startled by the sudden disappearance of sabito and makomo. i didn't even got the chance to thank sabito who had been by my side for a year, he had manage to encourage me to work harder which brings me into slicing the boulder.

just then. i saw urokodaki-san approaching the three of us, it had been two years since we started living with him but none of us had seen what's behind the mask, nor do we have the nerve to even ask what's hidden behind it.

"the reason i didn't want you to go join the final selection, was because i didn't want to see children die of this anymore. but i didn't count in you being able to slice that boulder."

"i knew from the moment that y/n would be a great asset count to the demon slayer corps, but i didn't want anymore children dying on me so i had given you both a large boulder that i knew you couldn't slice."

"i guess i was wrong when y/n had manage to cut it 6 months after showing you the boulder, that then i had concluded that i'll be sending her and not you, tanjiro."

"but still you had manage to slice it, you did well."

said him as he stopped in front of me and y/n before patting our heads.

"tanjiro, you are an impressive kid."

"y/n, you are born a natural. use it for a the better good, an impressive young lass."

he had complimented, earning a few of my tears to shed. it feels nice to be acknowledged, the hard work of me training for 2 years had paid off.

"you both must come back alive from the final selection. this old man, along with your siblings will wait for you right here." said urokodaki-san before embracing the two of us, i clutch his haori as i buried my head on his shoulder letting out small sobs.

✰★✰

y/n kamado pov

"tanjiro!"

"i can't believe your cutting your long hair!"

"bring it back you moron!"

the room had been filled with my complaint as i watch tanjiro cut his beautiful shoulder length hair.