𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 & 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

|| 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 ||

♧︎︎︎

|| 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐚 - 𝐲/𝐧 𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐨 ||

ꨄ︎

y/n pov

i woke up this morning in my bed. flashbacks of what happened yesterday came through my mind as i remembered sobbing on tanjiro as he comforted me, but i don't remember going back to this room so maybe he carried me all the way here.

fixing my appearance, glancing over the circle-shaped mirror in front of me. i admired myself for a couple of minutes before rushing outside and towards the headquarters where oyataka-sama is waiting for my response.

upon arriving, i rest my hands on my knees before panting heavily. why did i even run all the way from the butterfly estate to here? i could have enjoyed the morning walk, yet i rushed over nothing.

i stood by the door, hesitantly bringing my knuckles before knocking.

no response came inside the room so i knocked again. then soon the door was opened by one of the white-haired looking dolls. she held a smile on her face as she gestured me to sit across from oyataka-sama.

i made my way towards him, kneeling as a sign of respect before sitting on the cushion laid on the floor.

"i bid you a good morning oyataka-sama, how have you been?" i muttered, making eye contact with him knowing fully well that his vision isn't well.

"i've been well my dear child."

"have you come here to tell me your decision?"

i gathered all the air that i needed, before letting out a shaky breathe. i convinced myself that this is the path for me, i've talked to tanjiro yesterday night and made it clear for myself that i'm accepting oyakata-sama's offer.

"i humbly accept your offer of becoming the tenth hashira of the demon slayer corps." i blurted out loud and clear, confidence seeping through my body.

"i knew you'd say that."

"you're indeed like your father, kenji."

my eyes widened from oyakata-sama's words. he chuckled before staring at my eyes, though his vision might not be there. he knew that he's staring right through my soul.

"i know your past y/n. you see kenji actually didn't die in that unfaithful day, he was able to seek help from us but a few days after he passed away but not until he told me about his daughter."

"we searched for you everywhere yet no sign of you was found. until we found the kamado household, we were to take you but seeing you in good hands and away from the demons. i thought that maybe that is the path for you."

"but here you are, accepting your faith as the tenth hashira at the demon slayer corps. i am sure your father is proud of you."

his words cut deep within my soul. that's why the villagers wasn't able to show his body, because he had never died in that day. maybe if i searched, if i only searched for his body that day. if i searched and found him, i would have been by his side when he passed away.