21. Fear Fever (Halloween Special) Pt 2

(PART 2)

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A VOTE

~*~*~

The three hunters stood facing each other. (Y/n) brushed her forehead and leaned on one of the dusty pillars, crossing her arms in front of her chest. She thought about how weird it was for the twins to shriek when a cat jumped out of the rusty locker. She had NEVER seen their reactions that way in her whole life working with them.

"Obviously, there's something wrong with the two of you here," she said.

The twins looked at her without saying a word.

"First, you jumped when you saw me standing in your office after you had your shower," she pointed Dante. "And you. I'm thinking that you came to us because no one was at the office and it's creeping you out," she continued, but this time, pointing towards Vergil.

They stood quiet.

(Y/n) sighed. "Listen. Dan Smith didn't die in that alley. He survived and went home. Bianca said that he was all jumpy right after he went through that 'test of courage' thing. And Vergil, please tell me you didn't go there."

He stared at her before answering, "I didn't..."

"Oka-"

"...manage to kill the demon," he continued.

(Y/n) blinked, sealing her lips tight before taking a deep breath. "Alright... I'll look into this case afte-"

Her speech was then interrupted by the sound of a growl coming from behind her. She quickly turned, grabbing her gun that was resting underneath her jacket. She looked around until she saw a shadow standing behind one of the pillars.

"Hey!" she screamed.

The mysterious figure ran off and she quickly chased it. The twins looked at each other before following her.

"Stop!" (Y/n) called, adrenalines rushing through her system.

When she came close to the running figure, she jumped, making them falling onto the hard ground surface. When the moonlight shone onto them, she saw a man with crooked teeth, his short hair was messed up and his eyes were staring at her with rage.

She panted but the man tried to push her away. He elbowed her, making her stumbling backwards. But (Y/n) quickly grab the man by his collar and punched him. Her grips stayed lock onto the man as she knees him. The male then grabbed her waist and tackled her, making her hit the wall behind. When he was free of her grip, he locked his hands around her neck.

"You are not going to stop me," he spoke with a husky voice. "No one can..."

"Oh yeah?" She choked.

"(Y/n)!" Dante called but when he saw the man turning his face towards him, he froze.

The man's eyes were terrifying enough and it scared the hell out of the red devil. Vergil came into view and soon as he saw the mysterious man, he picked up the brick that was at his side and threw it.

"Hey Vergil! You might hit her!" Dante warned.

Before they could do anything, (Y/n) took the knife that was strapped onto her right leg and stabbed the man on his shoulder. He shrieked in pain and she punched him with all her strength, enough to knock him out. When she was certain that the man was unconscious, she looked at the twins who are standing quiet a bit far from her.

"Really?" She panted. "You can't even knock him out?"

The two male hunters looked at her, feeling a bit guilty for not being able to save her.