18.2 Temptations: Vergil

[[ Smut Warning and use of Cursive Language. Skip if you do not wish to read. ]]

[Written in Author's PoV]

-Back at Devil May Cry-

"Hey bro, don't even think of doing anything stupid," Dante pointed his finger towards his brother who are sitting down doing......absolutely nothing.

Vergil raised an eyebrow and sighed, "Your stupidity never fails to amuse me, Dante."

"What I meant is, my dear brother, not to go out and meet (Y/n)," the red devil furrowed his eyebrows. "I have a job to do so I won't be able to keep an eye on you." He grabbed his red coat and swiftly wearing it. His footsteps heavily striding across the wooden floor as he was about to make his way out of the building.

Vergil pinched the bridge of his nose and frowned deeper, "I'm not a child, Dante. Maybe it was your childish act that needs a guardian watching over you."

"Whatever," his younger brother waved his hands in the air, brushing off his twin's sarcasm. He pushed the door open and walked out of the office.

Vergil stood from the couch and crossed his arms in annoyance. He walked towards his newly brought desk and rummaged through the drawer where he has put some of his papers and books. His hands rearranging things that are important enough to be used on top of the desk.

Few minutes passed and the door swung open. He turned his face to look at the person that was standing in his view and he noticed (Y/n) looking around the room until she saw him.

"Uh..." She blinked. "Is Dante around?"

Vergil glared at her for a few moments noticing that her hair was tied up in a messy bun, her short-sleeved v neck t-shirt that reached her bum along with her shorts covering her lower parts of the body and a pair of sneakers covering her feet.

"No." He continued to clean up the table and (Y/n) walked up to him.

"You need a hand?" She offered a help, startling the blue devil. When he didn't reply, she chuckled, "Look, I'm sorry about last night okay? I believe we haven't properly introduced ourselves. I'm (Y/n)." She said as she stretched out her hands, waiting for a return handshake.

The male just stood there and stare at it.

"I'm not going to slap you," She jokingly stated. "Does my hand looked like it was going to?"

He sighed, "Vergil."

His body turned away from hers and ignoring her outstretched hand. She raised her eyebrows in disbelief and huffed. "Really? Here I thought you're the ideal type of guy."

Vergil halted and changes his focus towards her, "my apologies." This time, he answered with a return handshake.

His hand still gripping on her as he continued staring at her feature. He remembered last night's event where she had teased Dante by trying to seduce Vergil; her hands wrapping around his shoulders. How could he forget that feeling when a certain warmth was engulfed around it? He has been living his life all alone and had abandoned everything ever since his childhood nightmare struck him. He felt lonely, he was scared and angry up to a point that he had become what he is now; a half devil and a half human who is searching for a purpose in life, a power for him to hold on to.

He blinked when he noticed that he has been gripping her hand for what it seems like almost a minute. He gently released her hand that was in his grasp and she blushed at the thought of him staring at her. Vergil turned towards his desk and begins to continue doing whatever his business was.