10. The Family's Treasures || pt1

[ Reader Chance: by Lacey from Quotev a/c ]

A/n: If I may say, this is about the crescent moon shaped pendant and bracelets that I wrote in the chapters : Family Bond

~*~

Pushing the door aggressively, paramedics rushed as they dragged the hospital bed in a quick pace, informing one another of the condition of the breathless patient in his oxygen mask.

"Heart rate is extremely high and his blood pressure is decreasing. He's losing too much blood," one of the paramedics stated as she clutched the patient's chest, trying to apply more pressure on it.

Pushing through another door, they went into the E.R.

"We need a doctor in here!" one of the nurses yelled. "Stats!"

A few seconds later, a doctor came in yet he looked calm and professional. He walked towards the operating table and studied the man. Scars, bruises, opened wound. It looked critical. His eyebrows curved into confusions.

"Doctor, this one's critical," one of the nurses informed the doctor.

Fixing his mask on his face, he studied the patient's face who is now currently struggling to keep his eyes open.

"What could've caused this?" he whispers to himself.

"Someone found him lying on the ground like this sir. It seems like he's attacked by some kind of a huge, wild animals," one of the paramedics state.
Nodding, he quickly gets his hand to work and pulled out a few tools.

"Get that mask and put it on him. We need to put him to sleep." Staring into the man's eyes, which is half opened, the doctor spoke, "Stay with me son. Stay strong."

[][][][][]

Outside the room, another door swings by forcefully as you tried to search for him. You saw Morrison and Patty sitting on the chairs just outside E.R. They looked very worried and anxious as they turned to you, Dante and Vergil. You stopped dead in your tracks when you saw Morrison glaring at you without saying anything. Dante and Vergil stood behind you waiting for a word to come out from Morrison.

"Where is he?" you glared back, almost whispering. "WHERE IS ZACK?!" you shout as you tried to run past another door leading you to the operating room, ignoring the other patients or visitors. Before you could reach the door, Vergil pulled you and wrapped his arms around your waist. You squirmed under his grasp and tried to pull away from him. You elbowed him but you couldn't reach his face. You even tried to kick back at him but it was useless. Dante came to Vergil's side and pulled you away from the door. Before you knew it, all eyes were on you, looking at you with sympathy or some are even annoyed for the entire ruckus you're causing.

"LET GO OF ME! I NEED TO SEE ZACK!" this time, you tried to pull your arms away from Dante, hitting him on his shoulder and chest.

"Its pointless ok?! The doctors won't let you in so SNAP OUT OF IT!" Dante shouted back at you as both of you reached outside the building. You were shocked as you stared into his eyes. "He'll be fine. I'm sure the kid's got a tough side. The doctor is doing all the best he can to save your brother."

You couldn't say anything. Morrison called and told you that Zack was attacked and he is on the verge of his death. You saw it in Dante's eyes that he's worried as well. He shrugged and crossed his arms. He furrowed his eyebrows deeper without even looking at you.

"I-I'm sorry...." You whispered. "He's.. Z-Zack is.." you whimpered. Dante turned to you and his expressions softens a bit. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pulled you back inside the hospital.