5. Family Bond (pt 1)

A/N: As you all know (from the previous chapters), you have a brother who has joined the military. He always wanted to be a part of military forces. Joining in at the age of 18, he managed to get himself into special ops 2 years later (I skipped the time) due to his genius minds, abilities and passions towards the job; making him the youngest and respected lieutenant in his groups (though some of them didn’t like him for being arrogant and cocky sometimes). I don’t know why, but I do think that he should be part of this story too. Hehe. And I always imagine him to be one of the coolest characters here since he is one of my OC. This chapter will include him as one of the main characters. So, I hope you enjoy it~ :) 

P/S: I’m trying to do some “Emotional family bonding thing” going on here. But if it didn’t go well, I apologize for it in advance. (-_-)

*I do not own the photo (Credits to the owner), And I certainly do not own DMC. They belong to Capcom*
 __________________________________________________________________

The sounds of a running footstep echoed throughout the abandoned factory. The building is huge, the metal walls and doors are rusted and the machines don’t work anymore. The shattered glass windows were scattered all over the floors. The man panted as he looks for shelter. The sound of his running footsteps came to a halt when he found a room to hide in. Shutting the door behind, he makes his way around the overturned table and a ‘click’ sound of a gun reloading can be heard. Panting heavily, the man took a peek over the table, aiming his Ak-47 towards the door.

Thud…. Thud…. Thud….

Waiting nervously, the man took a deep breath, eyes focused towards the door when he heard a heavy footstep walking slowly from outside the room. As the sound gets closer and closer, he took a deep breath and holds it, waiting for something to appear. The footstep now stops in front of the door. In a split second, the door burst open sending it to fly over the man’s peering head. Ducking, he quickly stood; screaming as he pulled the trigger towards whatever it is that he saw. When it shrieked, the man didn’t stop his shooting until his bullet casing went empty and ‘the thing’ disappeared into ashes. Breathing heavily, he took a step back and leaned against the wall, throwing away the empty bullet casing to his side. Before making his way out, he heard other running footsteps. This time, it was the steps of two or three men rushing over to where he is. 

“Brook!” A man wearing a bulletproof vest over his black t-shirt called out to him.

“You alright man?” another man came in; searching the room in case ‘something’ appeared.

“What do you think?! I shot that freaking thing and it vanished, turning into a fu*king ashes!” he shrieked.

“Relax, its how they died,” all of them turned to see Zack holding an Ump45 in his hands leaning against the now broken door frame.

“How do you know? It came out of nowhere trying to wipe us clean,” the man in the vest asked calmly through his somehow a bit husky voice. He’s not the type to come to a conclusion at once. He’s always calm and whenever things get tough, he’d plan all things ahead before making any decision.

“It’s because I know. Brook, let Derek here take care of your wound. Ryan and I will go and look for the captain,” Zack ordered as he and Ryan continues the search. Ryan is a new guy in the team, so he’s not the type that talks too much. All he ever cared about is his teammate’s safety and respect.

****************************************
Zack’s team captain went missing a few days ago when they were on a mission searching for an Intel. During their break around their campsite in the forest, they were ambushed by demons and got separated. Thanks to Zack, with his brilliant skills, he managed to find his teammates in just a day (except for his captain). When everyone was gathered, they were attacked again, but this time they were chased into an abandoned factory somewhere in the forest. That is how the story started.
*****************************************