chapter 12.

In the middle of her shift, Ailiseu had expected to see the man from earlier to be present in the bar. However, she hasn't seen his familiar face in a few hours into her night shift and it worried her.

Perhaps, he had forgotten about it. Maybe, he'd overslept through his nap. She could ask about the gentlemen from Haru later. Although, the thought of an adult stranger being in Haru's life without her awareness was still concerning. 

"Ailiseu, is everything alright with you? You've been jittery just a few minutes ago. Do you not feel well?" Caspar asks.

Maybe, she had her hopes up too high to meet with this gentleman again. She only cared about his relationship with Haru. As long as this stranger doesn't pose a threat to her younger brother, her worries slightly lessened. 

"Y-yeah, I'm good. Nothing to worry about."

Ailiseu averts her attention back to the interior of the bar. It wasn't as crowded as yesterday. Caspar nods at nothing in particular. In fact, his mind was always occupied with the chaos that he couldn't help, but to investigate the situation himself. 

"Anyway, Ailiseu, can you help me unpack some items from the inventory?" Caspar asks. 

The two quickly headed to the storage room. Caspar unloads some of the boxes from the shelves and Ailiseu took her time carrying the lightboxes to the back of the counter. She was already arranging the packets of coffee beans and new glass cups. A moment later Caspar comes out of the inventory room. 

"So, about that night." Caspar begins, although he was quite reluctant to start this topic.

"You go ahead." Ailiseu replies.

Caspar shrugs his shoulders and aids Ailiseu with arranging the products nicely on the shelf, especially the heavy drinks. 

"I went to a local newspaper office and asked them about the Lord's palace. It was strange at first because no one wanted to answer my inquiry at all. They seemed ... reluctant, at first, like they didn't have anything on them. It didn't make sense not to have anything about the Lords, right?"

The lass nods her head in agreement, folding the cardboard box in half. 

"So, I pushed specifically whether they know about their history or anything at all. I couldn't ask about the occasion of many servers being invited for a ball. Something in my guts screamed not to ask them about it, especially since it was quite recent."

Caspar places the folded box on top of the other one. Ailiseu moves to the other side of the counter's corner and froze for a moment. 

"You said you went to their office, right? I think I might know a friend who works there, although I'm not sure if he's still there."

"Yeah. That's what I just said. It's the one and only branch just five blocks away from here."

"I think I can go and ask him, assuming he's still there."

Ailiseu reaches for the folded cardboard boxes, but was stopped by Caspar. He grabs the folded boxes and easily carries them under his arm. 

"Just tell me his name and I'll go see if I can find him. I'll say it's on behalf of you."

Ailiseu was about to disagree with the idea, when her stomach seemed to suddenly drop. 

"Miss Ailiseu?" came a familiar low voice. 

She almost jolted in her position, somehow assuming that this person's voice could shake the whole world or something. 

The lass turns around, surprised to finally see the gentleman sitting right by the bar. He was dressed in a black attire, from shoulder to toe. She can already assume how much his suit costs, judging by the slight shimmer of the material. His brown hair was combed nicely that made it look fluffy and light.