21

*Marley's POV*

"So, you're officially wifed up then?" Lana asked Eve with a smile as the three of us walked towards Harry's house.

"I guess I am," Eve shrugged.
"And you're happy about it?" Lana checked, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah."
"And you're sure you actually like him now?" I added to the interrogation.
"Yeah. I think it's right," Eve nodded.
I wasn't convinced, and I was sure Lana wasn't either.

"I'm excited for us all to hang out tonight," Lana beamed as she walked, a small skip in her step. "Are you guys planning on drinking much?"

"Probably not, I have so much studying to do tomorrow," Eve replied first.
"Definitely," I answered next.

We turned into the street where Harry lived and saw Liam climbing out of his car that he'd parked on the street outside.

"Hey, girls," he greeted. As we got closer, he grabbed Eve by the waist and pulled her towards him, giving her a gentle peck on the cheek.

"Cute," Lana commented, with a huge grin on her face. Eve rolled her eyes while Liam smiled, complimented.

"Ready to go in?" Liam asked.
"Lead the way!" Lana responded.

Eve and Liam took hold of each other's hands and walked ahead of Lana and I as we walked towards Harry's house, which was large with symmetrical windows all the way across.
There was multitudes of flower beds along the front and the door was immaculately painted black, without so much as a single crack in the paintwork.

We walked into the house and straight to the kitchen.

Harry and Louis were both sat at the island in the middle of Harry's large kitchen, and a middle-aged woman - whom I was assuming was Harry's mum - was grabbing her bag from the hooks by the back door.

"Hey, guys," Harry spoke as he saw us before casually gesturing, "this is my mum."

"It's nice to meet you!" Lana enthusiastically greeted.
"Nice to meet you, too," Harry's mum smiled. She was dressed elegantly in classy clothes with her hair perfectly done in a bun.

"That's Lana," Harry introduced, "and this is Marley. And Eve, Liam's girlfriend."

"Wow, Liam. You got lucky!" She smiled, before stepping forward to give Liam a familiar hug.

Then she stepped towards me. "Marley, was it?"
"Yeah," I nodded.
"Nice to meet you," her smile showed her perfect teeth, and she leant in and gave me an unexpected hug. I half-heartedly patted her on the back until she pulled back. I wasn't overly keen on hugs, but I appreciated her effort.

"It's lovely to meet you girls," she sincerely said before pulling up the zipper on her coat. "I'm going to shoot. I'll see you in the morning, Harry. Please try not to make too much mess."

"We won't," Harry assured her, leaning in while she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Harry's mum waved and said 'bye' to all of us before leaving.

"Your mum is so sweet," Lana immediately commented.
"Thanks," Harry shrugged.

"And she's hot as well," Louis inputted.
"Oh, don't be a dick," Harry scolded and Louis laughed loudly. "I'm kidding," Louis promised.

"So, where's the other four of us?" Louis scanned the room.

"Ruby is with her mum buying alcohol," Eve accounted for Ruby.
"Not with Zayn?" Louis wondered.
"Nope," Eve shrugged.

"And the other two lovebirds?" Louis asked, and I felt my chest feel slightly heavier.
I mentally scolded myself for this. I did not like Niall. I couldn't like Niall. I hated that it even slightly bothered me. I desperately continued to push it to the back of my mind.