12

*Ruby's POV*

It was teatime on Sunday evening, a couple of days after the party where Saffron had left distraught and had been moping since.

Zayn was lay naked in my bed as I swung my legs over the side and pulled on shorts and a t-shirt that had been thrown on the floor.

"You're always in a hurry to get dressed," he huffed.
"Well, just lying with you after sex seems a bit unnecessarily affectionate," I retorted.
"Not if we aren't affectionate," he shrugged, lying on his back with one arm behind his head, looking like he had zero intention of moving.

"Well, I'm a bit preoccupied," I told him, as I pulled on a pair of socks from my drawer.

"What's on your mind?" He asked. As he did, he leant to the side of the bed and pulled a pre-rolled joint out the pocket of the jeans he'd been wearing, "and will this fix it?"
I sighed and shook my head. "I feel bad for Saff."

"Is this still about Friday?" Zayn rolled his eyes. "Niall and Marley had one drunken kiss. They'd drank so much, they were both gone. It can't be taken seriously."
"That's not it though, is it?" I snapped. "You told me on Friday in the garage after Saffy announced that she'd kissed him that you thought it was weird because Niall liked Marley, did you not?"
And he had. As soon as Saffron had left the garage in her ecstatic state, Zayn had revealed that Niall had took a liking to Marley.

"I didn't say that he liked her," Zayn insisted, "I just said that he's - he's talked about her a lot."
"Zayn, you pretty much said that he had told all of you boys that he wasn't into her, right?"
Zayn sighed in defeat, "right."

"So don't you think it was a dick move then?" I challenged, pulling my shoes on and tying the laces now.
"What? Kissing Marley? Well, he likes her, I can't say it's wrong!"
"No, dickhead!" I yelled, before correcting, "for kissing Saffron!"

"Look, I'm not here to argue about this with you," Zayn rolled his eyes, before starting to quickly get dressed without even facing me. "Go take it up with Niall if you're that bothered."
"You know what? Fine. I will. Give me his address." I demanded.
Zayn turned as he buttoned his jeans, raising his eyebrow. "Are you serious?"
"Deadly." I glared at him.
He sighed, clearly not willing to protest. "Fine." He pulled out his phone and sent me a message containing Niall's address.
"Thanks." I unappreciatively and dryly smiled, "now hurry up, finish getting ready, and let yourself out."

————————————————————-

*Niall's POV*

I was sprawled out on my sofa, my head hanging over the side of the arm.
Liam was sat cross-legged on the floor, tapping away on the Xbox controller, and Harry was slouched on my ragged green beanbag.

"So where's Louis and Zayn?" I asked them.
"Zayn's with Ruby," Liam answered.
"No shocked there," Harry commented.
"And Louis has gone to a music store with Lana," Liam added.

We sat in silence for a moment before I noticed Harry staring at me with his nose turned up.
"What?" I snapped.
"No one cares to see you moping around in your pyjama pants with your head hanging off the couch just because you managed to pull two pretty girls," Harry criticised.

I groaned, "I'm a prick." I had felt extremely guilty after the events on Friday night.
"Yeah, a bit," Harry shrugged.
"Thanks for your help," I snapped.

"Look, you were drunk." Liam chimed in, trying to be more reassuring than Harry. "You messed up. It's fine, it'll be forgotten about soon."
"No, it won't be," I groaned, "because Zayn filled me in on how fucking excited Saffron was after we kissed, and how she actually really fucking likes me!"