24

*Louis' POV*

"You like The Neighbourhood?" I gently picked up one of the many vinyl records that lived along shelves as long as the walls in Lana's music room.

"I love them!" She exclaimed. "Do you?"

"Yeah!" I told her, before sighing in awe, running my fingers along the alphabetically-ordered records. "God, this room is so cool. I can't believe you have a whole room dedicated to music... and a record player!"

"It's technically my dad's," Lana shrugged, leaning back on the grand piano that sat royally near the window.

"You still have a whole room dedicated to music. No matter whose it is, it's pretty fucking cool to have in a house," I chuckled.
"Yeah, it is," she agreed.

Lana's phone chimed and she groaned as she read from her phone screen, before slouching down on the small, black stool in front of the piano.

"Who's that?" I asked, curiously.
"Saffron."
"What's with the elegant eye roll?" I teased her, leaning back on the wall at the opposite side of the room.

She groaned. "Just - just making comments about us hanging out. They think - I don't know - that something is going to happen between us or something," she stuttered over her words, her cheeks slightly pink as she looked around, avoiding my eyes.

I grinned. "Don't worry. The guys have been doing the same," I assured her.

I returned to looking at the records. There must've been at least three-hundred along the shelves.

"So, you don't think something is going to happen, do you?" Lana spoke after a few moments of silence, her cheeks even pinker now, and she asked the question in a skeptical tone.

I spun around from looking at the shelves to face her. "No! No, not in the slightest," I quickly answered. I really didn't, and I'd assumed that she didn't either, but in that second I worried that... did she? "You don't either, right?" I checked.

She finally made eye contact with me and seemed to breathe out in a sigh of relief. "No, definitely not. We're really good friends. In fact, I've never had a friend that I get along with so well."

"I agree," I smiled. I was loving my friendship with Lana. I found her so easy to get along with and so easy to laugh with. Our conversations flowed insanely easy and we laughed every hour that we spent together, usually spent discussing things that we both mutually loved. "I just think our friends get so wrapped up in their own dramas that they've forgot that you can in fact have platonic friendships."

She giggled. "You're right there. The drama is ridiculous, isn't it?"

"Definitely," I agreed. "Is Marley bothered about the whole Saffron and Niall situation?"

"Uh, no, maybe," Lana shrugged, "she was, and now she's insistent that she isn't. I don't know if she's being honest or if she's just backing off for Saffy's sake."
"Well, we'll see, won't we?" I shrugged, pulling the Oasis record off the shelf and smiling at it.

"So, we're all driving to get into a nightclub this weekend then, huh?" Lana changed the subject.
"Yeah, it's Halloween weekend," I added, "and Harry and Rubes are convinced that they know how to get in the good clubs without ID."

"We'll see," she rolled her eyes, unconvinced.
"I have high hopes, actually," I admitted. I believed in Harry and Ruby when it came to this stuff. "What are you going as?"

"I'm not sure yet. You?" She responded.

I shrugged. I'd had an idea the night before when searching through Halloween costumes, and I was sure she'd be up for it as well. "I was thinking maybe we could go... matching?" I proposed.

"Serious?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I mean -"
"That sounds like an amazing idea!" She nearly squealed, jumping up off the stool and clapping her hands.
"Great!" I clapped as well, and we both smiled.

"Come on. Let's find one," she rushed out of the music room and into her living room, flipping open the laptop that was on her coffee table, getting ready to search.
I trailed behind her, and kneeled down beside her on the floor in front of it, both of us grinning like little kids.