41

*Ruby's POV*

I was perched on my beanbag in my living room with the rest of the group sat in different areas of my living room.

Harry was sprawled out on my couch with his legs draped over an unimpressed Saffron when he told us, "Boxing Day always has me exhausted."

I'd had a good Christmas, with just my mum and her boyfriend, and Zayn had came up to spend the evening and overnight with us.
It had been strange but also amazing having him here at Christmas.

"Well, I'm not," I was the first to respond to Harry.
"You're not?"
"No. Because we need to be thinking about New Years," I pointed out to everyone.

"Oh, shit. Yeah," Harry mused.

"As if we have no New Years plans," Marley muttered from the beanbag beside me.
"Why have we left it this late?" Lana asked.

"New Years is overrated. That's why," Zayn cynically spoke from his spot on the sofa beside Liam and Eve.

"You're serious?" I questioned.
"Yeah. I mean, if you didn't watch the clock and the date then you wouldn't even know anything has changed. I mean, nothing does change," Zayn elaborated.

"It's a whole new year," I raised an eyebrow at him, like he was missing the point.
"And?" He copied my eyebrow raise.
"And it's a major excuse to get drunk and party," I gave him my rational reason.
"Okay, I'll accept that," Zayn shrugged.

"So what's our plan going to be?" Saffron asked.
"Get drunk, like Ruby said," Harry responded, casually.

"Are we going to try our luck getting into nightclubs?" Niall wondered.
"Maybe," Harry shrugged before adding, "but it'd be pretty depressing if we didn't get in and just had to walk home through the New Year."

"Okay, hear me out," Lana sat up from where she sat by Louis on my sofa. "I think we should do something just us ten for New Year. No nightclubs, no one else."
"Yeah?" I checked with her, unsure whether I was convinced or not.

"Yeah. It's the end of the year, it's a time for reflection and all of that. I think it's important to reflect on how glad I am to have met you guys and how great our little friendship group is that we've formed. I think we should just celebrate that this year, just us," she spoke.

"That's sweet, actually," Louis beamed from next to her.
"Cringe, but sweet," Harry nodded and Lana rolled her eyes at him.

"Where?" I asked.
"Mine?" Marley proposed from beside me.
"Is your house free?" Lana looked for clarification.
"Completely free," Marley confirmed.

"Then that's sorted!" Lana clapped.
"Exciting," I smiled.