Promise of Evermore

"Ah, you probably think I'm too childish for these things-"

"I never said that!" You cut her off before she even finishes that sentence. In no way did you ever think about any of that. She seemed surprised when you cut her off. Seeing that her eyes were wide open as her mouth was slightly ajar. You then take a hold of her hand, gripping it as you stare at her with a serious look.

"I... promise that, I'll be with you forever and... I'll make those dreams of yours come true. No matter how long and how difficult it is to do." You tell her, wanting her to finally feel truly happy. Sure, she might laugh here and there but, how much of it is actually true? You didn't want to doubt her but... she just doesn't feel happy. She then pulls her hand away from yours, soon patting your head with it.

"Little kitty, I know you mean well but, that's... a little difficult considering the fact that I've been stuck here for god knows how long." She says, with a sad smile before standing up and crossing her arms, staring at the lakes once again. You stand and follow behind her.

"Then... I'll try my best to learn some magic, study well in my classes and figure out a way I can lift the curse." You tell her as she then stops, moving to sit down at the tree right next to the barrier separating the garden from the lake. Afterwards, she simply sighs, staring up at you with another sad smile.

"I hate to break your spirit but, if I can't do it, then I'm afraid no one can. I've been here for so long, naturally, I've picked up on millions of ancient spells, studied them to it's maximum potential and yet I haven't gotten anything promising." She says, her eyes looking weirdly puffy. Almost as if she wanted to cry but, stopping herself because it won't do anything.

"Still! I..." Before you can say want to say, you pause, getting her attention. You then reflect on the past couple of weeks you've met up with her and talked to her. She was a great person to be with. Someone with lots of stories to tell, a personality that makes you feel intimidated but happy at the same time, and someone... who was just good to be around in.

If she was angry or in her normal state, she had this foxy aura, almost like she can destroy everything in a second while remaining calm and smiling and that makes you feel happy. But... if she was feeling sad or melancholic, sentimental or nostalgic, she suddenly has this motherly vibe to her that makes you feel comfortable.

Remembering all these things, you've known far too well that no matter what emotion she displays, no matter what feeling or personality she decides to go with for the day, you'll like her no matter what. And because of those overflowing feelings,

"I want to help you. I want... to see you finally smile." You tell her, tears dripping down from your eyes. Her eyes widen as they then close, her mouth shifts into a smile as she breathes out through her nose.