retrospect #13

STELL.

when i entered the cafe, i sat by the nearest table to the glass wall and stared outside, watching the rain pour over the busy streets of españa. this cafe had always been really calm which is the total opposite of the highways outside. the ambiance is comforting, the air inside feels soft and light, and the smell of coffee, cinnamon, and freshly made cakes will immediately fill your senses. it's not too noisy nor too quiet inside as well. only the soft murmurs of the customers and the faint sound from the speakers or the television can be heard.

it's been so long since i went to this place and it feels good to be back. especially now that i can actually remember this place and everything that happened here.

my first time "flirting" with justin.

"i'd like on justin de dios, please, with extra whipped cream on top."

"noted po, s-"

"is my order not available?"

"i said i'd like one justin de dios. yung tatawagin sana akong cute..... at gago."

i chuckled to myself, remembering the blush on justin's face that night. it's funny how i ended up almost marrying one of my students. never in my life did i expect myself to fall in love with one of my learners. i mean, i'm the teacher here but it seems like justin was the one who taught me.

tinuruan niya yung puso kong magmahal. magmahal ng buo, ng lubos, at ng walang hinihinging kapalit.

i smiled, playing with the ring on my finger. justin gave it to me the day after i proposed to him. he said, i should have a ring as well even if we're not yet married and he's not the one who proposed. he just wanted to gave me a promised ring.

the promise that we will walk and stay with each other for the rest of our lives.

"stell?" my thoughts were suddenly cut off when i heard a woman call my name.

"uhh...." wait lang, kilala ko 'to eh! nakalimutan ko lang T_____T

aha! "miss jamie?"

she chuckled. "misis na ngayon! kamusta ka na? it's been so long ah."

i smiled widely. "okay naman po ako. i'm about to meet justin today kaya po naghihintay ako dito."

her eyes widened in shock as she covered her mouth. "OMGGGG! i'm so happy for the both of you! buti nalang nagkatuluyan kayo! ship na ship pa naman namin kayo ng mga work mates dito ni jah noon."

i chuckled. i'm glad she's happy about it.

"anyway, may i get you anything to eat today?"

i nodded. "uhm, one slice of sansrival and one slice of blueberry cheesecake po and then two medium caramel frappe."

"noted. I'll see you in a bit!" she cheerfully said and headed towards the kitchen.

whenever jah and i would go to this cafe, we would always order the same food. that's our favorite and only this cafe makes the best sansrival and blueberry cheesecake. in our opinion, at least.

i looked at my watch and tapped my shoe on the floor. i'm getting more excited now. asan na ba kasi si jah?
a few more minutes later, my order arrived and i thanked the waiter before fishing out my phone to message justin.