Chapter 6

I just notice that the chapters base on the time we're Kayo did still die. So I need to edit them. That's why this chapter exists now haha.

I walked throught the neighborhood, meeting up with Kenya because our parents allowed us to go to the cinema, even though it will get later. I waited under a street light and looked in the direction we're I came from. I wonder why he wanted to meet up here, instead of coming to my house. I was staring at the snowy ground in thoughts. Still wondering why we had to meet up there. I felt a hand at my shoulder. I looked up. „Did you have to wait long?" I shook my head in respond and we continued to walk. „I am really excited", I finally said, looking at Kenya from the side. He stared at the ground in thoughts. I raised an eyebrow at him, but he still didn't respond. „Is everything alright?" I asked in slight concern and titled my head to the side. Kenya snapped out of his thoughts and looked over to me. „Hm? Oh yeah, everything is fine", he send me a sort of fake smile and continued to stare at the ground in front of him. I let out a sight, ignoring the blush that crept onto my face. My gaze wandered around, while we were still walking. I stopped when I catches sight of Saturo, following someone. I nudged Kenya softly. His head shot up again, quickly turning to me and his face was covered with a slight blush. „Isn't that Saturo?" I asked and Kenya turned his head to the overpass, we're he also spotted Saturo. „Yeah and he's following Mrs. Hinazuki." I nodded and then I suddenly felt how Kenya grabbed my and and tugged me to the overpass. We ran up the stairs and then slowly walked over to Saturo. Who stood at the edge of the stairs on the other side and looked like he was about to push Kayos mum down the stairs. I watched how Kenya put his free hand onto Saturos shoulder. Saturo turned around in surprise. „Calm down", he said calming, not letting go of Saturo's shoulder nor my hand. I blushed now, letting go of his hand. „You cant just kill her. And if you'll end up in jail, then you can't help Kayo anymore", I raised an eyebrow and took a step back. Kayo? I let out a sight. Well I guess there goes the cinema.

„You mean because of her abusive mom?" I asked in an unusual calm voice. They both turned their heads to me, remembering that I also was there. Saturo nodded in agreement.

—-

„Saturo, have been following you in the past two days", Kenya said and my head snapped up. So that was tho all about. The meeting and everything. Why didn't he tell me? Idiot.

We were sitting on the ground of the overpass. I was hugging my knees and my head was on top of them. For our lunch it wasn't that cold in the overpass.

I let out a sight again. „I was actually worried about you, because you really want to help Kayo, I thought you coud get in trouble." he explained to Saturo and I backed up from them, standing up and walking slowly away. To the other side of the overpass, leaving them so they could talk alone. I sat on the stairs and watched the snow falling to the ground.

A little later I felt how someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around seeing Saturo and Kenya, the smiled at me. „We can go home now", I nodded and stood up. I dusted quickly my pants, then we started to walk home.

We were walking in silent. I didn't really feel comfortable and walked with a few distance between the others. Saturo then had to separate from us and we were still walking in silence. „Is something wrong?" Kenya finally broke the silence. I didn't even notice, but I was walking in front of him. „Not really", I mumbled under my breath and waited for him to catch up with me. „So, something is wrong." I turned to look at him and nodded slightly. We fell back in silence again.

„I wanna help too", I finally said and bit my lips. This surely was embarrassing. I could see the slight grin on his face as he turned to me. „I knew that there was something off."