Chapter 24

Yo y'all how are ya? Um happy new years ig? Thanks for the 600+ reads. And welcome to the last chapter. Yup y'all read it right, I am finally finished withat story. But now have fun reading.

---

My gaze lingered on my friends. We all came back to our home town and sat now in a restaurant. I couldn't remember ever been there before. But I didn't want to ask them, they all talked excitedly like little kids, but I think they acted like thte because f the alcohol they already have drunken. "Where you ever here before?" I heard someone whisper next to me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, to be honest I didn't really played attention who sat next to me, but I wasn't really surprise to see Misato, she did everything to keep Saturo in that hospital, since the day he got hospitalized. Almost as if she felt guilty or... my lips turned in a smirk. "Well no, I wasn't here before", I said and my grin got even wider, if this was possible. She gave me a confused look and then shook her head, turning it back to look into the round. She had a small smile plastered on her face. "Could it be that you are making eyes at him?" Misato, who was sipping on her glass of wine, joked on it and almost spit it out. I patted her on the back, while she was still coughing. "Are you okay, Misato?" Saturo, of all people, asked and gave her a concerned. I smirked again, while Misato was assuring him that everything was fine. "I know that look of yours, you are up to something, aren't you", I lifted both of my hands in defence. "No, just trying to keep this party from getting boring", I said and then randomly turned my head away, pretending to talk to the others. Though, I still heard her scoffing in annoyance. Guess she still doesn't like me. My phone buzzed in my pockets. I pulled it out and read the message. One of my boss, he was a nice guy but on the same time he was kinda weird, I didn't respond and put my phone away. I let out a loud sight and started to tap my fingers on the table. This is weird. I thought while looking through the group of old friends. Obviously not missing the flirting Misato. I smirked again and listened in the conversation next to me. "Y/n, didn't you say something about Kazu and Osamu?" My head snapped up as I heard, turning my face into Hiromis direction. I titled my head in thoughts. "Who was that again?" I then asked a bit confused, didn't the dinner already start, so why wouldn't they bee here, whoever that was. I scratched my neck in embarrassment, while watching Hiromi started to laugh. I frowned, still trying to fin out who that was. It laid on my tongue. "Take your time y/n", I heard a voice from the entrance. I quickly turned around and saw two guys, they were facing us with their backs, while putting their coats on the wardrobe. I recognized them, the second they turned around, they were weirdly in sync. "Oh you guy", I cracked a weird smile, I suddenly felt very exhausted. I felt how my head started to throb and rubbed over my hurting temples. "Such a nice greeting", Kazu laughed and sat down on a chair next to me, closely followed by Osamu, who also sat down. I took a slurp of my drink and let my gaze wander through the group again. I let out a small sight. Keep it together y/n. I warned myself, I was of course not there to upset my friends, but the exhaustion that just came over me, did make it all much more difficult. "Tell me, is there something going on between Misato and Saturo?" I obviously was taken aback and turned to look at Kazu, he had leaned a bit closer so that Misato wouldn't hear him. "I dunno, but they're obviously flirting", a small grin plastered itself on my lips again, while Kazu started to frown. I gave him a confused look, but c^decided to ignore it. So I turned to look at Osamu, who had been staring at me. "Is something wrong?" I asked and he laughed awkwardly and rubbed his neck. "Well, I actually wanted to ask you something", he made a little break, giving me a curious look and I saw how his gaze wandered back and forth between Saturo and Misato, before he could ask me something, I gave him already the answer. "Don't ask me what's going on between them I have no idea", Osamu also frowned and suddenly looked deeply in thoughts. "You were always so good at that kind of stuff", he mumbled under his breath, but I still could hear him. I gave him a confused look. "I was?" he nodded in respond, not really giving me an answer. I sighed again and finished my drink in on slurp. It seemed like the waiter had waited for that moment, then in less than a second he stood next to me asking if I wanted something new. I nodded and gave him my order. As he left I already staring to feeling impatient. I felt my phone buzz in my pockets again, but I chose to ignore it. I scrunched my nose and then dug through my pockets, searching for my pack of cigarettes, as I found it, it of course was in the last pocket, I stood up, grabbed my coat of the wardrobe and left. It was cold outside and my fingers started to tremble as soon I left the warm restaurant. I lit the cigarette and took a long drag. Exhaling it a bit later. My head piped up as I heard the door open behind me, but I didn't pay attention to it. Just when the person said: "I thought you quitted", I scoffed in respond, taking an other drag on purpose. "And I thought you wouldn't be single by now, see we both lied", I heard him chuckle, while he stood next to me, putting out his hand. I scoffed again, but gave him a cigarette of the package anyway. "Do you have a lighter", I sighed, giving him the lighter and stared onto the street in front of us. "Strange story, isn't it", I nodded silently, just watching the cars passing by, while taking one drag of my cig after an other. "I suppose so", I answered after a long moment of calming silence. After that we fell back into silence again. "Kenya?" he hummed in respond, while stomping out his finished cigarette. "I never asked you, what your doing right now", I said and stomped out my cigarette. I suddenly felt like a little kid, that was talking to it's bigger brother or something. I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, putting the other hand in my pocket. "Does it really matter", Kenya asked with that smile he always had on his face, when the answer already was clear. Then he walked off and I followed him close behind. "I suppose not", even though it was an answer it sounded more like a question. Just before he opened the door to the restaurant he turned back around. "Promise you won't drink to much, even though you're stressed", then he opened the door and stepped inside, leaving me speechless in the cold. "This motherfucker just knows me too well", I whispered to myself and schook my head, then I followed him back into the warm restaurant.