chapter 5

Chapter 5

                "Relax!  I've done this kind of thing millions of times.  You have to give her time.  She'll wake up any moment.  I wouldn't be surprised if she can already hear us."

                Ratchet, I think his name was.  The medic.  That was his voice.  That meant I must be alive, finally conscious once more to the world around me.

                Someone growled.  "I don't care!  You know what it's gonna do to me if she don't wake up?!"  Jazz?  I hadn't seen him in years!  He sounded angry.  Once I processed his words, I realized that he was angry that I wasn't awake yet.  Awake?

                Ratchet sighed.  "Fine.  I'll run another scan if it will appease you."  I felt something warm wash over me a couple times before the voice spoke again.  "You see?  Her vitals are even stronger than before.  She's most likely awake and listening to us.

                I felt their optics rest on me.  I couldn't open my eyes.  Not yet, I tried.  I didn't have the strength.

                "She just looks so...weak.  That's bad for a predacon."

                Predacon?!  What was Jazz talking about?  How dare he associate me with a Decepticon!  Those foul creatures!  Anger rushed throughout my body, suddenly fueling me with the strength I needed to move.  My whole body shook as I gained control of it.  I tried to move, but I was restrained.  Another thing to be angry about.  I broke free as my eyes flew open.  Jazz and Ratchet rushed over and held me down.

                "Lily!  It's alright!  Calm down!  You're ok!" Jazz said as he tried to calm me down.

                "I.  Am.  Not.  A.  Predacon!" I growled.  "You know good and well what I am!

                The two mechs let go of me, confusion all over their faces, and I took my chance.  I jumped from the table and ran through the halls.  I noticed that I was now large enough to get through them on my own.  Almost too large. 

                I burst through the doorway that led to the main room.  Optimus Prime and Ironhide the weapon specialist were there.  They had wide eyes as they took in my form.  Did they think I was one of those foul beasts too?

                "Lilianna...," Optimus said cautiously. 

                Lilianna?  Who was he calling Lilianna?

                "Who the frag is Lilianna?!" I demanded.

                Optimus and Ironhide exchanged knowing glances as Ratchet and Jazz rushed through the doorway.  I readied myself for a potential altercation.  Jazz would take my side, I knew.  The others seemed to remember me, but anything was possible.  After all, Optimus Prime, the leader of my faction, called me that strange name.  I looked around, taking in my surroundings.  What?  Where was I?  I immediately knew that this wasn't Cybertron.

                "Do you know where you are?" Optimus asked.

                "I haven't the slightest idea.  All I know is that this isn't Cybertron."

                "Do you know what you are?"

                "Autobot, front-liner, dragobot," I answered easily.

                The tension in the room went away.  But yet, there were still questions that they wanted answered.  I was happy to answer as long as they didn't compare me with a Decepticon again.

                "What is the last thing you remember?"

                "Last thing I remember...it had to have been many stellar cycles ago considering I have no clue where I am.  My parents were sending me away from the war.  The D-cons kept getting closer.  It was at the last possible second that they sent me."  I was silent for a moment, feeling with my spark.  "I feel within my spark that my parents still live.  My carrier appears to be much closer, getting even closer each nanosecond."

                "Do you know who your parents are?" Ratchet asked.  "It will help us to identify you.  Your name will be helpful as well."

                "My parents are Arcee and Swoop.  My name is Firestorm."

                Ironhide leaned over to Optimus and whispered into his audio receiver.  It didn't help; I could hear everything.  "I'll give her this one, she's a slag load bigger than her parents."

                I growled quietly.  Optimus quickly diverted my attention from the weapons specialist.

                "You said you're a front-liner.  We didn't have any dragobots in our military."

                "My sire was training me.  He said that I would be able to take on the largest battles easily."

                "Wait...," Jazz said, quickly gaining everyone's attention as he stared at me.  "Firestorm?!"  He ran forward with his arms wide open.  I transformed into my biped from  before he got to me, which shrunk my down in size enough for the hug to be close to normal.  We wrapped our arms around each other and stayed that way for a long time.  I got to see my best friend again.  This was nothing to take lightly.