chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Sideswipe! Sideswiiiiipe!" I called out three days later once I finally came out of my room. Searching for another alt mode wasn't the only thing I was doing in there. I was suffering emotionally because of my family. However, I talked myself out of that funk and decided that I would forgive them...this time, at least. Jazz knew better than to disturb me. It was just something that I had to get over by myself.

Sideswipe came rolling around the corner backwards with a wide grin. "I take it you've found something to your liking?"

"Absolutely," I laughed. "Primus, I wish I had wheels like you."

"Who knows? Maybe you'll get some once you scan your alt mode," he said. "Speaking of which, let me see the beauty."

I sent him a picture and the stats for the vehicle. "Hmm expensive taste," he noted, stroking his chin with a frown. He smiled suddenly. "I can get it for you, no problem!"

"Yay! Thank you!" I threw my arms around his neck in a tight hug. He stumbled backwards a step before hugging me back.

"Hey, don't sweat it."

Someone coughed.

I jumped back from Sideswipe and turned around to see Jazz. "What's uh...goin on here?" the lieutenant asked, his visor a dark, angry blue. His icy gaze was directed towards Sideswipe as he came to stand by my side and place his arm around my waist in a protective manor.

The combat instructor rolled back a few feet. "It's not what you think, Jazz. Promise. She just showed me the alt mode she picked out and she got excited that I would able to get it for her and hugged me. It's an instinct to hug back, plus we're Autobots. We have no reason not to hug our friends." Sideswipe talked in a perfectly calm voice, although his body motions said he was feeling the complete opposite of calm.

Jazz looked at me for confirmation. I nodded. "He's telling the truth." I felt Jazz's arms circuits relax, and his visor turned a lighter shade of blue. I was glad that he trusted me. Nevertheless, they weren't acting like this three days ago. What had happened in those three days that I had isolated myself from the world? I decided to change the subject. "You wanna see what I picked out?" I asked him.

"If ya don't mind," he smiled. I sent him the same information I sent Sideswipe. "That looks real nice! You're gonna be stylin!" He suddenly turned his head slightly to the side and his optics dimmed as he received a comm. A few seconds later, he came back to reality. "I gotta go. Prime wants me." He started to walk away, but then he turned around and looked at Sideswipe, me, then back at Sideswipe. He looked at Sideswipe with a hard gaze, a silent warning.

I watched as the silver mech then jogged away. I turned back to Sideswipe. What was that all about?

He seemed to have read my thoughts. "He's...told me about some things. He says he doesn't want a repeat. I know he's just being protective, but still. He could lighten up a little. He knows I'm not going to hurt you."

"Wait. What things did he tell you?" I honestly had no clue what could have happened that would have set Jazz off like that.

"When you were-" he stopped himself. "No, it's better if you don't know."

"Know what? Sideswipe, what are you talking about?" I demanded.

His body stiffened. "Nevermind. I've said too much already." He quickly rolled away.

I stood there by myself, facing the direction that he had gone.

What the frag was he talking about? A repeat of what? When I was what? What did he mean 'he wasn't going to hurt me'? Hurt me how? I still don't really know what made Jazz like that. I wanted answers.

I fell to my knees in frustration and threw my hands in the air. "What the frag is going on?!" I yelled out loud to myself.