chapter 11

Chapter 11

Firestorm's POV

                Zzzzt!  Zzzzzt!

                What was that noise?  Where was I?  What happened to me?  My optics slowly came online.  I looked down and saw Ratchet fixing something on my arm.  I looked around.  I was in the medical bay.  I saw Jazz and Sideswipe standing off to the side talking with each other.  They glanced at Ratchet every now and then.  But...why was I here?  Ratchet hit a sensitive wire, causing me to groan.  He looked up suddenly.

                "Oh, good.  You're awake."

                "What...happened?" I finally got out.  All my systems hadn't come back online yet.  Why were they offline to begin with?

                "You were having a system overload.  I had to reboot you.  That caused you to revert back to your original form.  You had done some decent damage to yourself, so here we are now."

                While he was talking, Jazz and Sideswipe had walked over.

                "So my femme's finally awake?  It's about time shorty!  I was beginin' to think ya found a new best friend in ya head," Jazz laughed.

                "That wouldn't be possible to begin with," Ratchet said.  "In reboot, all of her systems shut down.  It's like she went offline, but she was guaranteed to come back."

                "No dreams?  That sounds utterly boring," Sideswipe commented.

                "Yes, well, you have to do what you have to do," Ratchet said as he looked at me.  "How do you feel?"

                I thought for a moment.  "I feel fine.  Well, except  for my arm."

                "Are you experiencing any optic glares or dizziness?"

                I looked at their optics to see if there was a glare.  My vision was normal.  I felt stable.  "No."

                "Good.  I'll have your arm fixed shortly.  Jazz, go get her family.  I'm not letting her leave until she has returned to full functionality."

                "You got it, man!"  Jazz pulled Sideswipe out and together they went to go get my, as Ratchet said, family.

                "You know, they've been extremely worried about you."

                "Jazz and Sideswipe?  I can understand that.  They're my friends."

                "Yes, them too, but I was referring to your family.  Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Elita-1, Chromia, and Arcee."

                "My family?  I'd hardly call them that.  I've been lied to for millennia."

                "How so?" he asked curiously.  He stopped repairing my arm for a moment.

                "Optimus and Ironhide, they never told me that they were my uncles.  Ironhide never told me that he was suppose to be taking care of me.  No one ever told me that I even had aunts and uncles.  This whole time, I've been thinking that it was just my carrier, sire, and I.  But now of all times they want to come out and say that I have others?  That makes a slag load of sense."