chapter 6

Chapter 6

I spoke to my dearest friend, "Tell me, how long has it been since our last days on Cybertron?"

"Thousands of years. We took refuge on nearby planets before we came here. I thought I would never see you again. I was angry at your parents for a long time for sending you away without me knowing first. I never got the chance to say goodbye."

"I'm sorry. It was a last minute decision. If any time could have been spared, I would have made sure that you had been notified of the situation," I looked down, feeling guilty. He had probably been hurt more by my absence than he was letting on. It didn't matter anymore, though. Nothing could separate us now. "So, tell me. Did you make any new friends while I was gone?"

"I did, actually. He's one cool guy. His name is Sideswipe. He taught me tons of stuff with his blades. It's pretty fun to watch him roll around. You know what? You should meet him! I gotta introduce ya to him. He'd be psyched to meet ya!"

"I-I don't know...You know how I get around new people...I don't function properly. Remember that one time you got me to meet Warpath? I hid in my quarters for days."

"I can see why you got scared. He's got a huge cannon sticking out of his chest. But Sideswipe is nothing like that. There's nothing scary about him at all. You'll love him as much as you love me!"

I sighed and thought about it. "Alright, I trust you."

"Great! He'll be here in a week!"

"Okay...I guess that means I need to get prepared. I need to fly and stretch my wings. It's been forever since I've been in the sky." I walked toward the exit.

"Firestorm! Wait!" Optimus Prime called to me. I stopped and turned to face him. "Your form is too large to fly around in the sky. In your alternate form you hardly fit in this room, and it is the largest in the base. You will be detected by satellites."

"Satellites? What planet are we even on?" I questioned.

"Earth. It is a planet whose human race is our ally," Ratchet explained.

"Earth? That's a terrible name for a planet. And about these humans, what are they like? Are they bigger than us? Do they have sharp claws? Can they take the head off of a Decepticon with one hit?"

The Autobots all laughed except for Optimus who smiled.

"Ironhide," he said, "go get Captain Lennox."

"Ha! Alright, I'll go get the big guy!" the weapon specialist said as he walked out of the room laughing.

Jazz threw his arm over my shoulder and I looked at him, confusion clear in my optics. Why was everyone laughing?

"You'll see what's goin on," Jazz said. We could just about read each other's mind. "And don't worry. I'll have ya back through it all, and a human is nothing to be afraid of incase you're wonderin."

"I've got him!" Ironhide laughed as he walked through the door. The human wasn't far behind.

"You wanted to see me, Prime?" he said.

I dropped onto my stomach to get a closer look. "He's so tiny!" I exclaimed. "He's smaller than my pinkie!"

Jazz grinned. "That's my femme!"