chapter 14

Chapter 14

Today was the day I was getting my new alt mode. Excitement coursed through me as I did a little happy dance. "Go, Firestorm! It's ya creationday! Go, Firestorm! It's ya creationday!" I sang to myself. Jazz laughed at my antics and started playing some music to go along with my dance, showing that he was just as happy as I was.

"Cut it out, you two! The shipment is coming in and we need this floor cleared!" I heard a tiny voice yell.

I looked around. Where did that come from? Jazz tapped my shoulder and pointed at Lennox who was looking at me expectantly, killing my good mood. Was I suppose to take orders from humans now? Ugh. Doesn't this rock just get more and more lovely every day? The wings on my back drooped as Jazz turned off his music. I sighed and pulled Jazz into a hallway that led deeper into the base.

"Humans are so annoying," I groaned. "Remind me again why Optimus said we have the protect them."

"The Decepticons want to take over their planet and use them as their slaves. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings and so we have to defend their freedom by protecting them from Decepticons."

"But they're just so easy to snap in half! One wrong step and squish! No more human!"

"What is this I hear about squishing humans?" Optimus asked as he walked up to us. Scrap.

I turned my attention to my uncle, about to explain myself. "Humans are very annoying. First we have to protect them, which is us doing them a favor, and now I have to take orders from them? Not exactly what I'd call enjoyable."

Optimus sighed. "Firestorm, we protect them out of the kindness of our sparks and do not expect anything in return. Secondly, you must learn to take orders from Captain Lennox if we are going to make this alliance work. I fear that, for the sake of this planet, it is imperative that we do. Now, I'm going to give you a fair warning. They are shifting our headquarters from here to an island. If there is anything you wish to take with you, you should gather it later. We leave through the ground bridge tomorrow. The humans would come with us through the ground bridge, but they feel safer flying."

"Okay. I'll check out my room later and see if there is anything I want." After hearing my answer, Optimus grunted in acceptance and walked away. An hour later, the trucks were fully unloaded and we were allowed back into the hangar. My new alt mode wasn't hard to find. I immediately scanned it and transformed. I revved my engine in excitement. Jazz smirked from where he stood a few feet away.

"Lookin' good, shorty! Wanna go for a test drive?"

"Absolutely!"

He transformed and led me out of the base. While we were gone he gave me driving lessons. By the time we got back to base, I was a pro.

I immediately went to my room and looked around to see what I might want. There was really nothing here worth taking. Except for...my human diary. I picked it up from where it had landed when I threw it against the wall and slipped it into my subspace. I left my room to go find Jazz again.

"Jazzy!" I called when I spotted him turning a corner. He grinned.

"Hey there, Firestorm! What can I do for ya?"

"Nothing really. I just wanted to stay with you until we leave tomorrow."

"No problem!" We started walking down the hall. "So I've been thinking."

"About what?" I asked. It wasn't like him to start off conversations with that opening.

"Now that ya have a vehicle mode, you can recharge with the rest of us in our hangar. You can recharge next to Sideswipe and I if ya'd like."

"I'd love that, actually. I still you like you two better than the others. You two and Ratchet. I trust him."

"I'm glad to hear that ya trust someone other than the handsome Jazz man!" he chuckled. "Seriously, though. You've gotta open up to the rest of em. The Autobots are one big family whether you like em all or not."

"Alright, alright, you win. I'll try to start talking to them more," I sighed.

"That's my femme," he smiled and rubbed the top of my head.