Party(1/2)

"Hope may inspire and inveigle us, but we cannot just live on hope. Certainly, love can be hope, but it is merely a contingency, since it might either mend our life or break our heart."—Erik Pevernagie
____________________________

DARYL

Daryl was still up when Remy stepped out onto the porch. The left side of her head was a livid purple. He reached out with his fingers to probe the bruise and she winced.

"Should have that looked at. Yer friend Jessie's husband is the doc 'round here."

"I heard that too," she said. "Haven't met him yet." She looked hesitant to go.

"Oughtta go by there anyway. Tell 'em 'bout your meds. Yer... condition."

She exhaled sharply. "Hha. You said that like it was a dirty word." Her lips curved up on one side and she looked down at her boots.

"Jus' somethin' ya oughtta say. Maybe they can get yer meds. 'Stead a' you makin' the trip."

"You know I can take care of myself, right?"

He did know that. But looking at her now, it was hard to remember. He nodded his response.

"I'll go," she said, "it was a good idea. Thanks."

"Yeah."

He watched as she headed toward the infirmary.

A few minutes later, everyone else had left the house when Rick and Carol found him. Carol and Rick checked out a couple of pistols from the armory. Daryl had held onto his crossbow.

He and Carol followed Rick out of the gate. Rick smiled at the gatekeeper, saying they were going out to get the lay of the land. Rick led them a mile or so away.

They made a plan to steal some guns from the armory just in case things went south. Carol thought she may be able to unlock a window. No one would suspect her. Of course they wouldn't. She had spent all her time convincing them of her helplessness. Security was so lax. These people had been so sheltered. Once she got it open, they would wait for the right time to break in.

As they started to leave, they heard the hissing of a Walker. Daryl let it get close, then put a bolt through its head. When he went to remove it, he noticed it had a 'W' carved into its head.

"That a 'W'?"

"Yeah."

It was creepy. There were all kinds of sickos in the world now. It made Daryl nervous. He thought of the Governor. Alexandria may not be as vulnerable as the prison but...

—-

REMY

It couldn't hurt to tell the doc about her meds.  She didn't want everyone knowing her business, but didn't doctors have to keep that kind of thing confidential? Did things work that way anymore? She supposed it was nothing to be ashamed of.

She expected to find Jessie's husband. Instead, she was met by a full figured girl with beautiful sandy blonde hair and glasses. "Hi," the girl said, standing from her chair where she had been writing. "I'm Denise Cloyd. You must be one of the new people."