Chapter 14 - Oh dear biology

C H A P T E R
F O U R T E E N

Oh dear Biology

I was packing my bag when I felt a finger tap on my shoulder, similar to when a popular hot boy asks you out in the movies, but this wasn't a movie. When I turned around, I saw a face I recognized.

"Hey," he said, his dark brown hair matted against his olive face. "I guess neither of us realized we belonged to this school."

"Yeah, I didn't believe you went to school at all, Alexander," I laughed as Zane's gaze shifted to me. Alexander was seated right next to Zane. Holy crap.

"Did you reject him?" Alexander asked abruptly. Zane's eyes went towards us - no, me - showing that he had heard us. This was even more uncomfortable than making eye contact with your ex. I wish I had told Alexander who my mate was; perhaps then I would not have ended up in this situation.

Alexander smiled as he wrapped his arm around Zane's shoulders and pulled him into our chat. Sorry, no, no. "You know, my friend here, Zane, was rejected by his mate just minutes after we spoke."

Isn't this just wonderful? I wish I could summon Amy right now to create a distraction so I could get out of here. Zane sarcastically added, "Coincidence."

"Right, so this is what I was thinking," Alexander said, grinning at Zane and me. This was not going the way I expected it to go. "Perhaps during my party tonight, you two can get to know each other better."

Wonderfully insane. At the very least, he didn't abandon me to Zane. I could go and invite Amy, or I could just not go. "I'll be busy tonight, sorry."

Alexander had no time to change my mind before I left.

To tell you the truth, I'm fortunate I got out while I could. "You two could get to know each other," Alexander said, but what did he mean by that? Well, I don't think so! I just rejected him, and he's pissed because he thinks my family and I orchestrated the whole thing. Well, I could always correct him at the party, but why should I? What he thinks is irrelevant to me.

"Hey, loser. Why did you take such a long time in class? ", Amy questioned as she dragged me away from the school grounds. She nudged my shoulder and asked, "Talking to Alexander?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I've discovered that Amy, this sweet little girl, has a huge crush on Alex. Isn't it surprising? Well, she didn't tell me until the day after we met. "O M G! He invited me to his party and-"

"What are you wearing for the party? ", she abruptly cut me off.

Someone is ecstatic, for sure.

"First and foremost, I'm not going, so if you had waited for me to finish, you would have known. Second, why would I go if all he wants me to do is babysit Zane?"

"No way, he said that? Is he from here or what? ", she enquired, her brow cocked. "Does he have no notion of Zane's history with you?"

"No! He also asked as to whether I had rejected 'my mate' in front of Zane. Isn't it phenomenal? ", I moaned, my head bowed. Why does school cause me so much stress?

"But I can't say that I blame him. It was my negligence because I forgot to tell him my mate's name. Don't become irritated with Alex", as I sat on the side of the road, I placed my order. Life can't get any worse than this. Don't get involved in relationships at school; they aren't relationships; they are games!

"How about...you and I....take advantage of this opportunity and, well, go to this party and have a good time?" she suggested as she joined me on the sidewalk.

Amy thrives on delivering solid arguments. Why should I miss out on a wonderful chance because of two fellas, one of whom happened to be the mate I rejected and the other who supported me to do so? It's only natural that I go, right? Wrong! It gives me even more reason for staying away.

"Amy, there's no way in hell. I've read far too many books on the topic. This is when the drama begins, and I suppose I've got my fill of it for this year and next "As I stared up at the blinding sun, I argued.

Amy groaned and shifted my entire body to face her. "Your life, Summer Eirenae Cunningham, is not like one of the novels on your shelves. Please don't make that comparison just because of this one incident, okay?"

I sighed, or rather, tried to sigh, but nothing came out of my mouth. A strange sound developed, comparable to when you're on the edge of crying but attempting to keep it hidden. Amy immediately noticed the change and winced as she approached me.

"I'm sorry," she replied quickly before fleeing in the direction of her home.

Great.

There I go, being overly sensitive once more!