Stick and Stones (Fluff)

Summary: A family event almost turns disastrous as Sy hears something that wakes the angry beast within him.

Pairing: Captain Syverson x Reader (no description of ethnicity or body type)

Word count: 1k

Warnings: Fluff, machoism, Sy using the term "Sugarbutt", some PDA, groping, grinding, but only hinted smut, hinted shitty ex.

I give no permission to copy and repost my work.

Sticks and Stones

It made no difference how long were your legs or how much stamina you had in you. Nothing in the world could make you keep up with Sy when he was enraged.

The man was carved out of iron and stone, his enormous muscles bulging out of his tuxedo as he rushed through the wedding hall like a cataclysmic wave of destruction.

Tearing his blazer off and rolling up his sleeves, Sy let out a blood-chilling growl and marched forward with eyes full of blazes.

"Sy, what's wrong? Stop!" you cried out, reaching out to latch onto his forearms unsuccessfully.

Never in your life did you see him like this before; he was an animal triggered to kill.

It frightened you.

It turned you on.

"Careful, woman!" he grumbled under his breath, and before you had a chance to complain of his use of words, a great thud shuddered the walls of the great hall, making the band and the guests all halt in silent confusion.

Eyes flared, and jaw dropped; you stood there watching as Syverson held your brother in law flushed against the wall. His shirt was wrangled in his fist, his black, polished shoes dangling in the air as Sy seized him up with murder sparking his bright blue eyes.

"Apologise for what you just said about my girl!" Sy's jaw tightened as he demanded.

Paralysed, the man blinked at Sy, and as no answer followed from his quivering lips, Sy growled and slammed him once more.

"Well?"

Your lips moved, yet no voice left your tongue. Although you weren't the one held in this burly beast's iron grip, your heart was racing so fast you were certain your breasts were about to escape the generous cleavage of your dress.

Syverson and yourself have been dating for no longer than 3 months and still got to know one another, and while he usually had a dominance streak about him, he never manhandled you or treated you in a rough mien.

Now you couldn't think about anything but being caged between him and the wall while his coarse fingers wrap around your neck.

"How did you even hear me... you... were on the other side?" your brother in law whined and then flinched as Sy shook him with a final warning.

"I am sorry!" The man blurted out.

Yet Sy was not appeased. Flashing you a glance, he tightened his grip and leaned closer, his hot breath now fuming against the other man's cheek.

"To her, apologise to my woman."

Your brother in law turned his head meekly, and with eyes filled with guilt and utter shame, he almost cried out a terrified "I'm sorry".

Letting out an aggravated hiss, Sy let go of his shirt, allowing the puny man to drop to his feet. It was then when both you and Syverson noticed that the entire wedding hall was standing around you in a crowd, especially the women who seemed impressed at the sheer display of his virility.

Your cheeks burnt then, and so did your chest as a sense of pride began to permeate through your blood.

"Get out of my sight. Now." Sy demanded.

Not thinking twice, your brother in law mumbled yet another pathetic "sorry" and scrammed through the crowd of people, who all saw it as a sign to get back to their business.

Fixing his shirt and bowtie, Sy turned to stare at you; his eyes immediately softened as he saw the look on your face. Still speechless, you held your fingers together, your painted nails digging in the soft pads of your skin.

"Darlin'..." he murmured and slumped his shoulders as if in shame, "I didn't mean to..."

The rest of the sentence got swallowed by your kiss. Throwing your arms around his thick neck, you hauled yourself against him and pressed a blazing kiss against his lips. You cared not for the coarse beard that chafed your chin nor for the fact that everyone could see you.

Right now, you cared for one thing, for how much this man made you feel important.

Sy mumbled and groaned into your mouth with surprise, his blue eyes wide open at your fiery demand, but like the dedicated and skilled soldier that he was, soon he took the reins, shoving you flat against the wall with his hands firm around your ass.

You whimpered into his mouth, already feeling his cock pressing firm at your belly and even though the right thing to do was stop before you get kicked out of the hall, all you could do was part your legs and grind against his muscular thigh.

Breaking the kiss, Sy nibbled your bottom lip and bumped the tip of his nose into yours. Another growl escaped him as he noticed the false innocence that tinted your glance.

"Careful, if you keep doin' that, I'll have you right here for everyone to see."

Unapologetically tempted, you smiled mischievously, but then something within you changed. Looking at the kind ocean that was his gaze, you felt warmth weaving in your gut, a pleasant wave of delight and ease that spread through every tendon and every vein.

"You fought for me," you uttered, "you defended my honour. No one ever did that for me before..."

Within that moment, you thought you would cry, your lashes suddenly moistened, and your sight became ablur.

"Hey, hey, no tears, sugarbutt," Sy murmured and planted a chaste kiss right below your eye. "Of course, I defended you. You are my woman." He promised and then planted another kiss, now on the top of your head.

"I'm sorry that your ex was such a shit protecting you, darlin', but know this now; if anyone ever says something to hurt you, they'll have a date with my fist."

Still quite teary, you chuckled and nodded at Syverson reassuring gaze. Then, slowly, he drew back and folded his arm, offering it to you in a courteous mien. You slipped your hand below his forearm and allowed him to guide you back toward your seats, casually ignoring the stabbing glares that fixed upon the two of you.

It dawned on you then that you didn't even know what was said that triggered Syverson anger in the first place. Tilting your head, you stared at him questioningly.

"Sy? What did my brother in law say about me?"

The many shades of blue that tinted his eyes began to shift and darken right in front of you, every muscle in his face now rigid with ire.

"Does it really matter, peach?" he murmured.

Gazing back, you realised; all that Syverson ever wanted was to keep you safe, physically and mentally and in that passing moment all the noises in the hall went still and all you could hear was your heart beating in exhilaration.

After all these years finally, you were loved.