11--

-- NIANA'S POV --

She was so beautiful, I haven't seen such a black beauty in my life before. The motorbike was simply enchanting, I slowly walked towards her admiring her beauty.

*pic of motorbike*

"Oh my gosh, I love it." I exclaimed as I ran my hands round the body.

"I know right." My Daddy chuckled as I stared at her awe.

"I'm naming her graciella." I squealed.

"Nice name-- meaning graceful beauty." Arlo spoke up making me roll my eyes.

"Thank you daddy."

"I love you sweetheart." He replied, hugging me.

"So next, we cut the cake." Miss Anita announced as we all gathered around the cake.

"We are going to spell love." A girl I don't recognise said making my face scrunch.

Puzzled, I asked."Why Love?" Because I didn't know why they would want to spell love for my birthday cake.

"It's our engagement tonight." Arlo mumbled, loud enough for only me to hear.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I whispered.

Why was I even tolerating this nonsense?

"That was my line few hours ago when my father told me." He huffed.

"Can't you tell him you don't want to?"

"I'm stucked. Let's just go with everything first." He said and that was when I noticed that he was holding the ring box he brought out few days ago.

"Where did you get that? Did you buy a new one?" I asked as I saw that they were singing the happy birthday song.

"No dummy, it's the one of that day, I asked Miss Anita to get it for me." He said making me glare at him.

"And how the hell do you even know Miss Anita?"

"She's my half mother in-law for all I know."

"Just shut up okay." I scoffed turning my face to the front when I saw that girl was already shouting the "V" word in Love.

Calm your tits dear one, you aren't the one getting engaged.

"E----"

They all screamed as Arlo held the knife and brought it down, cutting the cake.

"Let's start the engagement already. Omg, they are so cute I wanna die." The same weird girl said again.

"Die then." I said making Arlo snicker and I could just picture Miss Anita's glare like laser piercing through the back of my head.

We exchanged rings after then but you could easily notice that Arlo wasn't happy. It felt as though he was signing his death wish with the expression he had on.

Songs started to play and people-' mostly my Daddy's business partners and families started to flood in as they party to their heart content. I sighted my Daddy from a far end as I walked over and dragged him inside.

"Woah, what is it sweetheart?"

"Can you make this clearer? My future is at stake here." I say trying to calm myself by breathing up and down repeatedly.

"I promise I'll explain to You, calm down first."

"How can I calm down when I just got engaged to a guy who has zero feelings for me? Didn't you love mommy?" I yelled as tears pricked at my eyes.

"That's not true, Arlo told his Dad that he has feelings for you and I know you have always liked him."

"H-how did You k-know that I've always l-liked him?" I stutter as I avoid eye contact with my daddy, blush coating my face.

"Honey, there's literally nobody in this house who doesn't know that." He chuckled.

Did I make my feelings that obvious?

"But I don't like him anymore." I mumbled.

"And there's where the dilemma comes up, I can't do anything, not even Richardson can do anything about it."

"Why is that?" I asked, the whole matter crumpled before me.

"Because of your mom Niana, we made a promise."

"I don't understand."

He looked at me for a while then sighed before dragging me to his room and sitting next to me.

"Arlo's mom and your mom were best friends and they made a promise to each other that you two will get married once you are eighteen or old enough."

I chuckled at his joke. "Is this some wattpad story shit?"

"I'm serious Niana and can you not call you mother's last dying wish Shit?

"Her last dying wish?"

He ran his hand through his hair as he opened his suit coat and sighed heavily. He's been sighing too much these days.

"Well they made a promise to each other when they were still in high school but something came up and they had to part ways but they somehow met again after many years, on Mrs Richardson's dying bed, she made your mom promise that she'll fulfil the promise they made to each other long ago so their bond will never die again."

"Why didn't you tell me all this while? Was that why Arlo moved to China years ago?" I asked suddenly feeling guilty for being angry at him when he left.

"Yes, he lost his mom so they had to go for the funeral."

"So If I get married to Arlo, it'll help my mommy fulfil her promise to her best friend?"

"Yes."

"And if Arlo marries me, he'll be fulfilling his mom's wish to her best friend?"

"That's correct." He smiled.

"Then I'll do it." I say as I break down in tears.

"My baby, always crying." He chuckled hugging me tightly. "Your Mom would have been so proud of you if she was here."

"I miss her a lot too." I sobbed harder.

I cried a bit more with my Daddy and I sharing memories of my mommy. A bit later, Miss Anita came in to redo my makeup and walked me downstairs.

If doing this will make my mommy happy wherever she is, then I'll do it with all my heart so she wouldn't feel disappointed and as wrong as it all feels, I still love my parents a lot, I don't think I can ever get mad at them because they are the reason for my existence.