16--

-- ARLO'S POV --

I entered the house, fatigue already weighing me down. I didn't like when Nini and I argued, it was exhausting and she somehow had a way of winning.

I walked into the kitchen as I saw my little sister scooping Ice cream into a bowl with her phone blasting the song
Good for you by Olivia Rodrigo.

It made me smile because I suddenly remember when Nini sang along with the song one day in my car when we had gone to do cake testing.

Since many people wouldn't be able to go to Miami that day, we decided to do the wedding here and then go elsewhere for our honeymoon.

We were coming back from the cake shop when the song had started to play from my car stereo. She immediately caught the song that was playing even when it just started with instrumentals. I would also admit, she had a very nice voice. The part I liked was when she sang the line;

Remember when you swore to God I was the only person who ever got you?
Well, screw that and screw you You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do.

She scrunched her face so hard and had that badass look and vibe with her middle finger up in the air and hair bouncing with her body motions. She was beautiful at that moment and I just couldn't stop staring as sh--

"Earth to Arlo." I heard my sister's voice pierce my right ear as I jumped back.

"What the actual fuck Quinn?" I yelled as I rubbed the sore ear.

"Hello to you too."

"What was that for?"

"You just stood there, smiling and staring off into space like a fool so i had to bring you back to reality." She shrugged, putting a spoon of ice cream in her mouth.

"Where's mom?"

"She's inside, with Dad. They are planning another honeymoon."

"A fifth honeymoon? you must be kidding me." I scoffed.

"They plan on going to Africa this time." She laughed.

"What?" I whisper as I join her in her laughing spree.

"Oh I heard you are getting married." She suddenly say making my laugh cease.

"I don't want to think about that right now." I sigh.

"Omg it's true and you never told me? I left this house for three months and we grew distant?"

"Don't even start with this best friend issue now Quinn, I'm starving."

"Was that why you were smiling earlier? You were thinking about her?" She question holding my face in place when I tried to turn away.

"Quinn!"

"Don't be such a joy killer, I want to meet her."

"Wait till that day." I groaned when I tried to leave but she blocked my way again.

"I'm the groom's sister, I deserve to know about her." She demanded.

"I'm the groom and I've decided that you won't see my bride till the wedding day." I shrug.

"Is it Sydney?" She asked.

No, it's her best friend. I wanted to say but it would make me look like a player in my sister's eyes. I had actually told Quinn that I had a crush on Sydney and I talked about her all the time so Quinn thinks we are already dating.

"Can I asked you something?"

Quinn gave a smirk and wiggled her brow before taking a seat on top of the counter, crossed her legs then flipped her hair before responding. "Yes go on, your love doctor is all ears."

"I like a girl a lot, she's even the most beautiful and liveliest girl at school. But whenever I see her best friend, I want to get on her nerves and see her pissed face. I want to make her so angry that she would want to kill me and whenever she smiles I always, I mean always get butterflies. Can you tell me why it's like that?"

"Simple answer, you like that beautiful girl but is suddenly attracted to her best friend and always seek a reaction from her right?"

"Right."

"It means you like the beautiful girl's best friend."

"How can that be? I like Sydney not her best friend." I scoff.

"No you don't, you are only attracted to Sydney's physical features but you are attracted to her bestfriend even when she's ugly." Quinn explained.

"Nini is beautiful in her own way." I argued offended at the fact that Quinn called her ugly.

"Oh, her name is Nini?"

"No, it's Niana but I call her nini." I smile.

"Cute name. My point is-- you like Niana for who she is."

"So you think I like her?"

"Arlo I just said you like her, don't make me repeat myself." She rolled her eyes making me chuckle.

I loved my sister alot, even though she's my step sister. My Dad somehow had an affair one time when I was still very young. The lady gave birth to Quinn for my Dad and my mom being the softest person in the world, forgave my Dad because she thought Quinn was cute and asked them to move in with us.

Now that my mom was late, I've received nothing but love from my step mom. She treated Quinn and I equally, the only thing you can use to tell I wasn't her son was my Asian features which I got from my biological mom.

"Forgive me madmoizelle." I chuckled bowing before her.

"Cease from my presence you commoner." She said in a smooth British accent as she kicked my shoulders making me fall to the ground.

"Quinn! My ribs." I groaned when I hit  the side of my chest on the floor.

"Sorry my love." She continued in her accent.

She came down and helped me as we continue to chat while I make something for myself to eat. It somewhat helped me forget what happened today between me and Nini but I just couldn't get one question out of my mind.

I like Niana?