Part 15

When they got home, Travis and Vic were both sitting on the couch, watching a movie.

"Hey," Travis said, not turning around right away, "How is...Maya? What?"

"Maggie said my body is just so amazing that I could some home early," Maya said, smiling as she slowly walked over to the couch while Carina took her bag into the bedroom, "So I get to be here."

"Look at you," Vic said, smiling as the blonde sat down on the couch, "Always the overachiever."

"Both when it comes to getting Covid complications and getting over them," Carina said, shaking her head as she came out of the bedroom, "Bambina, do you want some dinner?"

"Oh, I put some chicken and rice in the fridge for you Carina," Travis said, "But there is more than enough for both of you."

"I'm not hungry," Maya said, yawning, "I think I just want to go to bed."

"You have to eat, Bambina," Carina said, coming over to the couch where Maya was curling herself up with a blanket, "It doesn't have to be chicken and rice, but something. I can make you a protein shake or soup or whatever you want."

"I want to sleep," Maya said, yawning.

"But you need to eat," Carina said, matching Maya's winy tone, "Come on. How about a protein shake?"

"Fine," Maya said, "But a small one? I really am not hungry."

"Fine," Carina compromised.

She went into the kitchen, pulling out the blender. She wanted to force Maya to eat more than just a protein shake because she had barely touched her lunch at the hospital today, but she had eaten some breakfast so it was better than nothing.

Carina got the shake going in the blender before pulling the leftovers out of the fridge. Honestly, she wasn't feeling super hungry herself tonight, but she had no idea why. She wasn't feeling sick or anything, but she just wasn't hungry which was strange because all she had eaten for lunch was half a peanut butter sandwich. She knew she needed to eat though so she heated herself up a small plate of the food, getting it in the microwave as the blender finished.

She poured Maya's shake into a cup, putting in a straw before carrying it over to the couch.

"She's out," Travis said, pointing to the sleeping Maya, "We tried to keep her up, but..."

"No, it's ok," Carina said, "I'll put this in the fridge and wake her up once I eat."

Carina went back into the kitchen, putting the shake in the fridge, grabbing her own food out of the microwave and a glass of water before going into the living room, sitting down on the couch next to her sleeping girlfriend.

"How was your day?" Carina asked, taking a bite of her food.

"We went for a walk after you left this morning," Vic said, "And I made it a full mile which is a new record since Covid and I didn't even nap as soon as we got home."

"That's great," Carina smiled, happy Vic was finally getting better.

"Oh, and we started another puzzle," Travis said, pointing to the coffee table, "And got pretty far on it actually. And then after lunch, Vic took a nap and I went on a bike ride. We played monopoly for a while and then made dinner and put on The Last Five Years because apparently Vic was in an emotional mood tonight."

"Hey, I am about to start my period," Vic shrugged, "Plus, I just like this movie. Jeremy Jordan is hot."

"True," Travis agreed as Carina shrugged, "Not really my type."