Eighteen

There was a tense atmosphere in the Tyler house. Max and Evie weren't talking at all. And it was extremely tense.

Evie walked downstairs and saw Max. She looked at him. "You know for a father, you're incredibly immature."

Max looked at her. "You ruined what I had with Bailee. She won't let me see my child now. And you did that."

"And you're blackmailing me. Why? I'm your daughter for crying out loud!"

Max scoffed. "You told Bailee. She didn't need to know about this did she? We could have kept it between us," he said.

"And I'm sorry. But she's my best friend. And she wanted to know why I wasn't talking to her. I couldn't do this anymore," Evie said.

Max saw how hurt his daughter was. And he felt bad for how he had been treating her. He sighed. "Fine. I'm sorry. But she still won't let me see my baby."

"She will. Just talk to her."

***
Evie went into school. She smiled as she saw Tom and Bailee talking. She walked over. "My dad knows about you being baby daddy. He was blackmailing me. But I've managed to sort it."

Bailee frowned. "He's been blackmailing you? What the hell?"

Evie nodded and sighed. "Yeah. He's pissed at me for telling you that he cheated. And he said he will put me and Tom."

Bailee scoffed. "Well this is the kick I needed to go for full custody of my baby. He won't get near this child if I have anything to do with it."

"That's what started this."

"Evie. I'm sorry babes. But I have to do this. To protect my baby. I don't want to. But I feel like I don't have a choice. You don't hate me do you?" Bailee asked.

Evie shook her head and hugged her. "Of course I don't. You're my best friend."

***
Tom and Evie were sitting in the classroom. Tom sighed. "Your own dad blackmailing you? He needs help."

"I know. But he's hurting. And I don't think I helped by telling Bailee about the cheating. He's just... I don't know. But I'm not dwelling on it. We've sorted it now. He won't say anything. I don't think."

Tom nodded and sighed. "I hope not. Because I'm not in the mood for him to drop me in it with the police," he said.

Evie smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Don't worry. I won't let the big bad wolf send you to jail."

The two of them hugged. Unaware that Max had seen it and he was pissed.

***
Max sat in the office. He looked up as Bailee walked in. "Come to change your mind?" He asked.

"No. I'm here to tell you that you are no longer allowed to see this baby. I know you've been blackmailing your daughter. So you are not seeing this baby. Have a nice life."

Max watched as she walked out. He was fuming.

***
Evie and Tom were standing in the playground. Max walked out and looked at her. "I hope you're happy. Your little stunt telling Bailee? Well she's told me I'm not even allowed to see my child at all."

"Maybe you deserve it."

Max glared. "In that case, you are banned from seeing Tom. If I find out you're seeing him, you'll be out of my house quicker than you can say Waterloo Road," he spat as he walked off.

Evie watched as he walked off. But was he being serious?