One

Evie Tyler sighed as she stood on front of the mirror. She was starting waterloo road school along with her step father max Tyler who had started as executive head. Evie stood in her john foster uniform and sighed. She hadn't gotten her new uniform just yet. Evie sighed as she walked down into the kitchen and smiled as she saw max who was cooking bacon "hey kidda, are you ready for school?" max asked as evie looked to him and smiled "i guess so" she said as she took a seat at the table. Evie and max had lived together since she was seven he had adopted her when he learnt that his wife, her mother was abusing her. Max had raised evie since she was three as his own and he thought of her as his own daughter. He didnt know the truth that evie was his biological daughter and her mother wasnt in fact her mother. She ran a hand through her blonde hair as max smiled to her. He thought of evie as his daughter and wanted to protect her. He knew that she had been through a lot and that she was scared of being hurt and wanted to protect her.

***

Evie got to school and sighed as she sat in assembly. She ran a hand through her hair and smirked as she looked to see that max walekd in to introduce himself. Evie sighed as one of her best friends josh sat next other. She looked to him and smiled as she saw him looking to ehr a teacher. Evie smirked slighlty as she looked to him. She couldnt help but feel something as she looked to him, she knew he was a teacher and nothing would ever come of them but she couldnt help but feel something as she looked to him "who's that?" evie asked as josh looked to her and smiled "i think hes my dad" he said as evie looked to him and frowned.

Evie walked out of the class and down the hall with josh and they walked into the class with tom. Evie looked to him and smiled "im Mr Clarkson, your new form teacher" he said as evie smiled to him and brushed her blonde hair out of her face and smiled "im evie, evie Tyler" she said "max Tyler's daughter?" he asked "step daughter" evie corrected as she sat down. Josh sat next to him "i guess that he doesn't know your his son" evie asked josh who nodded. Tom looked to evie and smirked. He knew that it was wrong and knew she was  student but there was something about her that he couldnt stop thinking about, there was chemistry there.

***

Evie sat in the library as she ran her finger of a scar that she had gotten.  A scar that her mother had left her. She felt tears fill her eyes and sighed as max walked in. He looked to her and smiled as he took a seat next her and smiled. He took a hold of her arm and looked to the scar that she was left with and smiled "she can hurt you, you know that right?" he asked as she nodded. She felt a tear roll down her face "i just dont get it,  why she did that to me?" she asked as max smiled "i dont know princess, but i promise you im here to protect you and i will never hurt you" max said as evie looked to him and smiled as he pulled her into a hug and smiled. He would do anything for evie, he saw her as his daughter and vowed to protect her.