Twenty

Evie had been staying with Bailee. She hadn't even thought about talking to her dad. She didn't want him to bitch at her for something else. She just didn't want to deal with him.

She woke that morning and sighed. She saw her phone ringing. It was her dad. She declined the call and sighed.

The door opened and Bailee walked in. "I've had an interesting letter. From your father's solicitor. Trying to take the baby from me."

Evie sighed. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be babes. You didn't do this. You told me the truth about him cheating. And I appreciate that. He's not getting this baby from me. That's a promise."

Evie smiled. "I'll help you."

"Thanks."

***
Evie went into school. She saw her father walking towards her. "Where are you staying?"
He asked.

"With Bailee. She wants me there. Unlike you. You're just being a jerk. Trying to take the baby from her."

Max rolled his eyes. "Oh stop it. That baby needs better than a teen mother. And I'm going to give him or her better."

Evie scoffed. "Like you're father of the year? Seriously. You're an asshole. A major asshole."

Max said nothing as she walked off. He knew he was in the wrong deep down. But he knew that if he didn't do anything, he would lose out on seeing his newborn baby. And he didn't want that.

***
Evie smiled as Tom walked into the common room. She looked at him. "Hey."

"Hey. Thought we could go baby shopping tonight? Get some stuff for when little one comes along."

Evie smiled and nodded. She looked at him. "I like the sound of that. I'm staying with Bailee. So can you pick me up from there?" She asked.

"Course. Have you talked to your dad? I know you've been having issues with him."

Evie sighed. "He came to me this morning. asked where I'd been staying. So I told him. And he wasn't happy. Bailee had a letter from his lawyer today. He's going for full custody of the baby."

Tom sighed and took her hand. "It's all going to be okay. I promise you."

"I don't know. Maybe my dad does need a chance to show he can be a good dad. But at the same time, he's an asshole. And no baby deserves that."

Tom smiled slightly. "He was a good dad to you."

"I know. But at the same time, I thought he was my stepdad. I didn't know he was my actual dad," Evie said.

"I understand that."

***
Evie walked over to Bailee. She frowned as Max approached. "I trust you got the letter today?" He asked as he looked at her.

Bailee nodded. "I did. And trust me when I say that you're not getting the baby. I will fight to make sure you don't. That's a promise."

Max smirked. He winked and walked off. Evie sighed. "I'm sorry about him. You don't deserve it at all."

Bailee shrugged and smiled. "I'm okay. Max Tyler won't know what's hit him. I'm going to ruin it all for him."

Evie smiled. But could she stand by and let her dad lose everything? Knowing that despite everything he had done, she didn't want to lose him?