Chapter 6

Stands

"Another forfeit, this exams are getting more boring then ever."- Ino complained loudly.

"Yeah I guess, I didn't see Naruto in the line up before the exams I hope he shows up"-Sakura said, it was enough that Sasuke had been disqualified for not coming on time, if Naruto didn't he would set a bad example.

"C'mon where are you?"-TenTen muttered so low that Sakura didn't hear.

Seeing her daughter worries, Yokino decided to ease the tension with some teasing after all, what better way.

"Hey Noriko, did you know that I'm a Megami?"-she said to the blonde haired women beside her, who coincidentally was her teammate, she also noted the widening of her daughter's eyes.

TenTen was pleading to all god's above that her mother stopped there, she didn't want to be embarrassed here.

The younger females turned towards the older ones as they spoke their like for gossip getting the better of them.

"Oh"-the older blonde turned towards her friend who was looking particular smug reminding her of their late teammate. "And why is that?"

"Oh I met TenTen's boyfriend today and he said so."-her daughter was trying to hide in her seat as her cheeks burned.

"Oh my! He sounds like a charmer much like your old crush."-she replied with a smirk, taking the attention out of bun haired girl for the moment.

"You never told me you had a crush mom!"- the brown haired girl exclaimed.

"Who was it?"-asked Ino, who as a gossip queen wanted to know all the details.

"It was the Yondaime Hokage, we used to be great friends back when we were Geninn."-explained the older blonde.

That shocked the young girls, who looked at the older women in wonder never knowing they were friendly with the late leader.

"Look Naruto's here."-Sakura said as she watched her blonde teammate walk into the ring.

Noting the similarities between him and their Sensei she found herself wondering what his face looked like, and noted that he looked much better then he did with his orange jumpsuit.

"I wonder how he'll do"-Ino wondered aloud, hoping he got the win, after all as annoying as he was he was also a comrade.

"We'll have to see."-a small smile played on TenTen's face as she saw the young man walk towards his opponent.

Arena

"Your late, were you afraid of me?"-the blonde girl quipped as he entered the field.

"Oh no you see, I was coming here when I was pricked by a rose and ended up going the opposite way only to find an Angel, after getting a blessing from her, I came here."-he eye smiled and pulled out a book from his pouch.

Gemma stared at disbelief at the young man, the boy was like a copy of his silver haired teacher, he even had the excuses down.

Stands

Silence rang through the stadium after hearing the ludicrous response to the comment. Sakura facepalmed at the answer.

Between giggles of Ino and the blushing TenTen, Gai was having a breakdown beacuse all the youthfulness he had seen in the boy during the preliminaries was gone, why must the 'hip and cool' Shinobi try to outlast the youthful ones.

Kurenai blinked in surprise at being compared to a rose then began muttering darkly about ways to educate the boy, startling Asuma who was in the next seat.