CHAPTER 34

✧• 34 •✧

Giatros was preparing something to test it on Alia when we entered the room.

"Sharuk and Shanaya."

He said, as a token of acknowledgement.

"I didn't know his name and so I went with the common term."

"Giatros, we found something. A way to treat Alia."

"Wow, really!?" Shanaya cheered, beside me with a hopeful look on her face.

"Yes, I saw something- a Dream. Or a vision. I don't care, but we should at least try that."

"Sure. What is it?"

I took the both the pendants and placed it in front of me. Yes, I thought that was a coin, but it was a kind of pendant that was worn during few centuries back.

Shanaya and Giatros eyed me with confusion. I thought they would understand from the gesture, but it looks like they didn't.

"Th-"

"Sharuk, someone is here." Shanaya informed me as I was about to explain how it was going to work.

"My Lord."

"Yes? What is it?"

"It's Azaruis, my lord."

"What's wrong with him?"

"He wants to talk with you, says he's got information on how to make our Queen alright."

"Shove him inside the darkest cell with scorpions and ask him to stop talking nonsense about he and his ways."

"But-"

"Ah-ha. Do as I say."

And then the guard was gone.

I turned towards them to see surprise and glints of pride in Shanaya's eyes that reflected both light and.... happiness?

"What?"

"It's nothing, you just... um.. acted like the King regent."

"Oh."

Damn, I didn't realize it. Maybe I must've offended Gatrios by such action, because his Queen was lying on her death-bed and so I was about to apologise, when,

"Yea, I quite agree with Shanaya on this one, Sharuk."

I gave them a sheepish smile as I continued.

"So, I saw something like this."

The pendant glowed as I put them together on top of each other. It seemed like they might fit, if given a little pressure on top. I also took Alia's pendant from her crown and placed it on top of the other two.

All the three seemed like they were a part of the puzzle.

I gave one more push, placing them in between my palms and then, It clicked.

*Ta-da*

"Place this on her head.", I instructed Shanaya.

She did the exact same thing, and then- nothing happened.

They both looked at me, as if asking me for the next step or to explain why it's not working.

It should work. But it didn't. So maybe there's a fault in the way we did it, or I misunderstood the vision that I saw.

"My Lord."

There was another guard at the door.

"What is it this time?"

"Same. He keeps screaming that he knows the way to save her life. We even locked him up in the dark cell, but he keeps saying them over and over again."

Shanaya gave my hand a gentle press and motioned me towards a corner.

"I think we should at least listen, what he's got to say. I know he helped Visailis's on his plan to murder Alia, but it wouldn't hurt for us to just listen na."

I think she had a point.

"Okay, fine. Bring him."

Shanaya and I exited the room as we waited for the guard to bring Azarius.

"How did you even find about the pendant and stuff?" She asked me the minute we were outta the room.

"I had something like a vision when I was sleeping on the stairs, where I don't know how I ended up, in first place. I just thought that maybe we can put 2 and 2 together and then wake her up. But apparently, it didn't work. We have to find another way to make this-"

"My Lord."

I turned to see a beaten up Azarius who could barely stand on his own.

"Thank you, you may leave."

I didn't think they tortured prisoners in the normal cells. There are different types, but still Azarius was sentenced by Alia, who asked to throw him in the normal dungeons or the water cell.

"What is it that you know, Azarius?"

_____________________________________________________________________

°⭒↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↞↠↞↠↞⭒°

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️😅

Here's my Instagram 👇

If you want to check out my quotes page !

Follow me for more updates.

Don't forget to click the button down below 👇

And also- Comment and Follow for more!

Stay safe 💪

Have a wonderful day 🌼