Early Morning Art Class

I felt myself awaken, sleep inhabiting the crooks of my eyes. I gently rubbed it away and groaned. The night sky was a deep shade of blue, dotted with stars that seemed to be brighter than ever.

I had a habit of waking up that early. I didn't really care about waking up at that time; it was my parents who cared.

My Mum, Adora, was the most overprotective person I knew (except maybe aunt Glimmer). My other Mum though, Catra, she would have probably applauded me if I'd told her I killed someone.

I turned over in the sheets. My gaze shifted to the door. I prayed that no one would come in to see me awake. Catra would one hundred percent have snitched on me, like she always did, and Adora... well, she would have given me a stern telling off.

"Hey, Finn!" I heard a familiar voice whisper. My heart began to race as I recognised it.
"Please don't tell Mum I'm awake, she might actually kill me-" I quivered.
"Now you don't trust your own mother? How sad..." Catra mocked, but in a way that made me smile.
"Alright, sorry. What are you doing in here anyway?"

Her face lit up, and was completed with a devilish smile.
"We're gonna mess with your Mum."
Her voice was full of child-like amusement. I mean, it was an offer I couldn't refuse. But I would definitely regret it.

"Let's get to work then!" I exclaimed, already jumping out of bed. Catra laughed, and together, we made our way down to their room.

"So what did you have in mind?" I asked her. She flashed me another one of her evil smiles and had to hold back maniacal laughter. ("Old habits die hard." She would say whenever she did that).
"Just take a look."

That didn't sound suspicious at all.

I looked down to see that she was holding... permanent markers? As realisation set in, I smiled evilly, a smile almost exactly like hers.
"I bagsy the forehead!" I whisper shouted, and grabbed the markers before she could stop me.

"Hehehehehe..." I laughed menacingly, adding the final touches to my masterpiece. Mum's forehead was decorated with an absolutely stunning depiction of a poo, with the words "I'm a stinky poop" scrawled next to it. Catra had to leave the room she was laughing that hard. I snickered, taking in my masterpiece.

When she's finally came back in, she picked up a black marker and began to draw circles around Mum's eyes. They were extremely thick circles, which I knew would be near impossible to get off. I laughed anyway.

Once we were both done, she had a thick moustache, glasses, my masterpiece on her forehead, and a little note from Catra saying "I'm sorry" with a love heart.

"Get out before she wakes up!!!" She ushered me out of the room, and I sprinted back to bed.

Half an hour later, I heard an ear piercing scream coming from Mum and Catra's room. "I need to see this."

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FACE, CATRA?!" Mum was scolding her.
She was putting on her best 'I'm innocent don't look at me' face. My stomach tightened as her gaze rested upon mine. NO, DON'T YOU DARE BLAME THIS ON ME.

"It must have been Finn!" She turned to me and I scowled. Suddenly, Adora's gaze swiftly turned to me.
"Is it true?" She asked, disappointment plaguing her words.
"I-It was Catra-"
She turned to Catra.
"I've already told you, I was in bed the whole time! Do you hate me or something?" She then pulled out her most dangerous weapon- puppy dog eyes. Mum couldn't take the sad and rejected look on Catra's face.

"Finn, what compelled you to do this?"
"IT WAS CATRA'S IDEA!!!" I shouted.
"DON'T YOU DARE SHOUT AT ME, LOOK AT THE STATE OF MY FACE!!!!!!!!"
I stood in silence, staring at the ground in shame.

"You. Are. Grounded."

"UGHHHHHHH!" I shouted, and trudged back to my room. As I left, though, I heard Catra say "You love them really though, don't you?" And Mum's reply of "Yeah. They're just a troublemaker. Wonder where they got that from." She added the last bit sarcastically.

I giggled as I walked away from the carnage.