Sleepover

|| Bit of a weird note here, but this chapter will contain minor spoilers for The first Hunger Games movie, so please be aware of this before reading! Thanks! :) ||

"You sure you're okay with this? We can always tell Glimmer that we can't make it." Mum worries.
"It's fine," I reply. "Besides, I have Iris to keep me company."
"Yeah, a literal 10 year old-" Catra emerges from the shadows, her eyes shining menacingly as she approaches. "Kid, from experience, children are nightmares-"
"I wasn't that bad, right?" Catra avoids any eye contact as she mumbles something to herself. I ignore her and turn my attention to Mum. Her forehead is creased and her brows are furrowed. Her shining eyes are plagued with doubt. "It's not Iris I'm worried about... I'm just... I don't know, overprotective? I want to make sure you're okay at all times, because what if you need us and we're not there?!" I can hear her breath speeding up as she speaks, her voice shaking, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. I sigh and gently rest my hand upon her shoulder.
"Mum, you don't have to worry about me. I'm your kid, remember? I'm literally the child of SHE-RA! And also the most infamous war hero ever told of."
"How come I'm an afterthought?!" Scowls Catra. "I came the closest anyone ever has to destroying the Rebellion!"
"Nowadays that's not something to be proud of, babe..." Mum sighs. "Anyway, just let us know if you want to go home, they have our number-"
"Like I said, I'll be fine."
Mum seems doubtful, but she finally lets go of my shoulders and backs away from the door.
"It's alright, guys! We'll take extra good care of them!" A figure appears behind me, so sudden that I jump.
"Oh sorry! Didn't mean to scare ya.." Scorpia emerges. A shy smile forms on her face. "Hey kid!"
"Hi Scorpia!" I try to sound as cheerful as possible, though having to be away from Mum and Catra is something that rarely occurs. It's not that I hate Scorpia and Perfuma, they're just... not like my parents.
"I see they're here!" A light voice cheers from behind Scorpia.
"Hey Perfuma!" I smile. She waves at me and gives me a hug. I don't know about her, but it kind of feels a bit awkward. Besides, I don't really see them often. Last time I did was Princess Prom, and even then I ran off.
"Alright, we're gonna head out." Catra sighs and turns away from the door. "Keep a good watch on this one, they're one hell of a kid." They look down at me and I smile the most innocent smile I can muster.
"Let us know if you need us Finn! We love you babe!" Mum shouts from where she stands. I roll my eyes. Why is she so embarrassing?! I mumble my goodbye under my breath, and wave them off as they get back onto Swift Wind and fly off into the sun.

"Soooo...." Scorpia begins, slightly awkwardly. "What do you usually do at home, ya know, to pass the time?" I have to think for a moment, as usually I do what my parents are doing. I have a really strong relationship with them, so I usually stay with them almost all the time. They make that decision, not me. But I guess I have a little freedom today?
"I dunno, Mum and Catra usually decide that..." Scorpia looks at Perfuma, and I can't tell what they're trying to communicate. Perfuma's face suddenly lights up and she excitedly turns to me. "What about a movie? Or maybe you can... look after Iris...?"

Of course they want me as a babysitter! That's probably the only reason they let me stay here in the first place. I sigh internally, but nod enthusiastically. Their faces light up, and they drag me up the front steps of their house.

I don't know what I expected their house to look like, really, but this is not what I expected at all. For one, every inch of the walls are covered in dark petal wallpaper, which I note is definitely out of character for them. As we make our way through the oddly decorated halls, we stop at a smooth wooden door.
"Go on, she's just in there!" Scorpia smiles. I smile back and, reluctantly, pull the door open.

The door shuts behind me before I have a chance to look around the room. I hear them sighing with relief and walking away. Great, now I'm trapped with Iris. Ughhhhhh.
"Hey there Iris!" I smile at her as she continues staring down at her book she's been reading. "Whatcha got there?"
She groans.
"If you couldn't already tell," she begins, her voice cold. "It's called a book. And that's what I'm trying to do: read said book. Now if you don't mind, could you not stand in the way? Thanks."