Movie Night

As usual, when I walked into my parents room, they were being all lovey dovey with each other.

I cleared my throat loudly to announce my arrival. It made Mum jump, and Catra squeaked, physically jumping into the air.

"Don't do that again, Finn." Catra mumbled sternly. Her face was extremely red, as was Mum's. I smiled at them and made my way towards their bed.

"Okay, so," I began. They looked at me expectantly, annoyed that I'd just ruined the moment. I was completely aware of this. "I saw Scorpia yesterday, and her and perfuma's kid were there too. She said something about "it's important to spend time with those who care about you" and then something else I can't remember. Anyway, I'm guessing you can see my point here."

"You just came in and ruined our moment like that-"
"Catra! Don't get mad at them! You've been doing so well, let's not lose this progress, alright?" Mum soothed, stroking her arm tenderly. Catra calmed down almost immediately after that. She looked up at me guiltily and apologised.
"It's cool." I said, and I tried to sound and act cool and casual, but as I tried to lean on the bed, I slipped on a wire on the floor and fell head first onto the bed.

Everyone, including me, began to laugh hysterically.

Once we had composed ourselves, I sat comfortably on the edge of their bed.

"So, got any ideas?" I asked.
"On what?" Mum questioned.
"Spending time with each other!" I smiled at them.
"Hmm-" Mum thought to herself.
"MOVIE NIGHT MOVIE NIGHT MOVIE NIGHT." Catra chanted, standing up on the bed. Mum stared at her with wide eyes, saying "If you fall that's on you, babe." I laughed at Catra as she attempted, and failed, to stay standing. In the end, Mum had to catch her as she fell. "Movie night it is." Mum sighed, looking back and forth between me, who was still laughing, and Catra, who was positioned dramatically in her arms.

"Which movie do you guys want to watch then?" Mum asked, flicking through our not-so-big collection of DVD's. The choice wasn't that hard to make, and yet all three of us were sat there, stumped.

"Don't we have any streaming services?" I questioned.
"Oh yeah, wanna check on Netflix?" Catra asked, Mum sighing as a reply.

As Mum picked up the remote and began flicking through the home page to get to Netflix, me and Catra were talking about all the shows we've watched on it. "I've heard there's this huge new show, it's blown up on the internet. It's pretty gory though, according to-"
"You mean 'Squid Game'? Oh I've heard of that, Frosta told me about it."
"FROSTA?!" Catra gasped. "Surely she's too young to watch that, right?"
"She's grown up now, remember?" I rolled my eyes.
"Oh yeah..."

"GUYS I GOT THE NETFLIX TO WORK!" Mum shouted as she clicked the red N icon on the screen.

"I'm sure we've watched this before?" Mum asked, pointing at a show titled "She-Ra and The Princesses of Power".
"Meh, looks like a kids show." Catra looked at the screen. "Pink and fluffy? Not for me."

"What about Squid Game? Apparently it's supposed to be really good."
"You sure you'll be able to handle the violence?" Catra told me as Mum chose 'Squid Game'.
"Catra, they'll be fine. They're our kid, remember?" Mum told Catra.
"Whatever you say."

The first part was alright. I liked the violent parts, it looked like it had a good budget. Although Catra was trying to shield my eyes at those parts.

Then they played the first game. As all the players were being shot, Mum and Catra stared in horror at the screen. Of course, I was smiling at it, thinking this show is so cool!

"Enough of that." Catra's voice shook as she spoke. She grabbed the remote and quickly took us to the home page.

"What about something less gruesome?" Mum asked shakily.
"How about something like 'Halloween'?
"NO." They both shouted at me.
"What about we watch Amazon Prime? I know we all loved Good Omens when we watched it the first time, so how about an episode of that?" Mum glanced at the clock. "We can watch it tomorrow, it's too late for you to be up." She glanced at me.

"Ugh fine." I trudged up the stairs and through the corridors to my room. "Hehe, little do they know I have a tv in my room!" And I spent the next 8 hours binging Squid Game.