Chapter 3: All For a Danish

"I can't believe you did that!" Soleil yelled, beating on Danny's arms in the back of the cab.  

He just continued to laugh, barely affected by the blows she was raining down on him with her tiny fists.  

"If you think you're hurting me, you're sadly mistaken," he choked out between laughs. 

She gaped at him for a moment before angrily turning to face the window as she crossed her arms in front of her chest, only causing him to laugh harder. 

"I don't know what you're so mad about," he said as he wiped his eyes. "Your face was priceless! It's a shame you dragged me out of there before I could see his reaction. But thanks to me, you got to meet him; you even got to kiss him for goodness sakes! Every fourteen-year old girl would die to be in your shoes!" 

Soleil whipped around to face him. "Oh thank you very much," she huffed sarcastically. "Thanks to you I blew my chance with him! If you hadn't made me do that stupid dare I could have had a normal conversation with him, maybe even gotten his autograph and a picture. But no, you set me up, I bet you made up that dare just because he walked in. Am I right?" 

He raised his hands in surrender and nodded slowly. He started to speak but she shot him a look and continued, gaining steam as she went. 

"I got one chance, one, to see him, and that was a miracle in itself. But you set me up and made me completely embarrass myself. The chance of a lifetime was ruined because of you, and now I'll never see him again." 

He couldn't help interrupting her. "I don't know about that, you might see him again," he argued. 

She glared at him and threw her hands up in exasperation. "Do you know what the likelihood of that ever happening again is? Not very good. And even if I do see him, after what just happened, he'll run the other way. Now he's gonna think of me as some crazy fan who could barely keep it in her pants and assaulted him!"  

Danny wanted so badly to laugh again, but he managed to refrain from it. "Soleil, he's not going to think that. He didn't look like he hated it..." he trailed off, waiting for her to look up at him. 

"He didn't?" She asked cautiously. 

"Of course not!" He cried. "If I was straight I'd totally love it if a girl as hot as you kissed me!" He nudged her shoulder and she gave him a small smile, letting him know he was forgiven. 

"Besides," he continued, "I think you might see him sooner than you think." He grinned at her mischievously, causing her to raise her eyebrows. 

"And why is that?" She questioned curiously. "You seem awfully convinced we'll see him again." 

His grin got wider as he explained: "He has my wallet. And he doesn't seem like the type of guy to keep something that isn't his, so I doubt he'll keep us waiting long." 

He smirked at Soleil's shocked face, her jaw dropped open in disbelief. Feeling satisfied, he leaned over to the cab driver and said: "Take us to our hotel. But first, stop at the nearest bakery. I owe this girl a Danish."

Author's Note: I know this is super short, but the next chapter will be out this Wednesday probably and it will be longer I promise! Thanks for reading, xoxo 

Heather