Part 3- Sleep with a smile

"The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you."

~*****~

Chaeyoung stepped into the building lift grinning and slightly embarrassed about kissing Jungkook

Chaeyoung stepped into the building lift grinning and slightly embarrassed about kissing Jungkook. Even if it was on the cheek. "Oh god what were you thinking Roseanne. He was probably was creeped out by that."

But it did confuse her. It had been months since she last felt that exhilarating feeling, the feeling of looking forward to something. Jungkook may have kickstarted that perspective. He was funny, sweet and surprisingly astute. Not that she ever thought he was naive but never expected the kind of wisdom that came from him. Whether it was about her healing process or listening to him talk about music, it felt delightful.

Not realising she was already opening the door greeted by the sight her members looking worried with Jisoo clinging to her phone, Lisa massaging her temple or Jennie already on phone with someone sounding distressed.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"CHAEYOUNG!"

The pitch with which all members shouted with Lisa running to hug her and Jennie frozen at her spot looking angry yet relieved.

"Lisa.... my... bones... can't breathe."

"YOU ARE DUMB FUCKING IDIOT!" She shouted as she loosened her hold only for Jisoo to pull her by her ear.

"Where the fuck were you?" Jisoo snarled. Chaeyoung gulped. Fear set in seeing Jisoo angry as the eldest was rarely ever serious let alone angry. When the saint Jisoo is cursing you were in trouble and it was one of the most apparent and known rule of the Blackpink House.

"At the Han River." Chaeyoung drew away rubbing her ear.

"Do you know what time it is?" Jisoo asked pointedly still looking angry enough to Hulk smash.

"I'm sorry I lost track of time." She looked at them apologetically.

"You have any idea how worried we were. We thought you were kidnapped or possibly dead." Jennie spoke for the first time looking at Chaeyoung through her tears.

Chaeyoung went to Jennie to hug her, her state causing Jisoo's gaze to soften and Lisa to tear up as well.

"I'm so sorry." She felt horrible now.

"We tried calling you many times. Called your friends and also the bar you frequent. Nobody knew where you were. And after your call with Jennie we assumed you were on your way. So we freaked out." Lisa explained when everyone had calmed down and sat around the living room.

"But we forgive you." Jennie said.

"We do?" Jisoo asked in a puzzled tone.

"Only if you tell us what were you smiling about when you entered the house."  Jennie now raised her eyebrow at Chaeyoung causing her to frown. Nothing escaped Jennie's eyes.

"I met someone at the park." She started.

To the member's benefit everyone stilled not responding wanting her to continue to tell the whole story.

"So due to the conversation as it flowed with him I lost track of time." She ended.

"Him?!"

"You were with a boy?!"

"WHO"

All three girls screamed at the same time making Chaeyoung wince. Her phone dinged at that moment alerting all of them.

"Who is texting you at 1:30 am?" Jisoo raised her eyebrow.

Picking up her phone she looked at the number in confusion, it was an unknown number. Unsure whether to open the message or not fearing it may be a saesang, she resolved to just see what it was.

Unknown Number

Hi this is Jungook. Did you get home safe?

Screams resonated through the dorm. Nor realising the members stood behind her and had read the message, Chaeyoung covered her ears.

"YOU WERE WITH JUNGKOOK? THE JEON JUNGKOOK!?"

"AND HE'S MESSAGING YOU NOW!"

"OH MY GOD!"

The screams were so loud Chaeyoung waited for them to calm down. This was going to be a long night.

~*~

Chaeyoung opened her phone once she had changed into her pajamas. Resting her head against the pillows she almost laughed how different it felt as compared to the night before.

Unknown Number
Hi this is Jungook. Did you get home safe?

She blushed seeing that message. Why did her heart react that way around him?

Chaeyoung
Hi Jungkook. Yes I did get home safe an hour ago.
Where did you get my number?

Changing the contact name, the phone dinged alerting a message.

Jungkook
Oh that's great.
Next time wait for me to take you home before running away.

Next time? Was she going to meet him again?Did he want to meet her again?

Jungkook
Also I may have bribed Bambam for you number.

She laughed at that. Though her body was tired and was well aware of her schedule of the next day, her heart urged her not to stop talking to him.

Chaeyoung
Are you sure my number was worth the bribe😂

Jungkook
Probably should've been worth a million more than explaining why I wanted the number

Chaeyoung
Good luck with that

Jungkook
Do you have schedules too in the morning?

Chaeyoung
Yes going to show up looking like a boiled potato or a zombie

Jungkook
Well you'd be a very beautiful boiled potato or zombie

Chaeyoung
Mr. Jeon are you flirting with me😂

Jungkook
Ms. Park I'm just a fan

Chaeyoung blushed heavily. She felt like she was floating. Here she was flirting with the man she met few hours ago. Sure they crossed paths at award shows but conversations were limited to hello and congratulations.

Jungkook
We should get some rest now.
Good night, Chaeyoung❤️

Chaeyoung
Good night, Jungkook❤️

Grinning ear to ear she was about to set her phone down. The notification ring drew her attention, the message make her blush profusely. Needless to say Chaeyoung slept with the biggest smile on her face that night.

Jungkook
Also Chaeyoung, you're worth the effort