e p i l o g u e

Today's ten-year wedding anniversary of Arun and Soumya. As he promised, he gave her the best treatments in the world. Now she could walk by herself. But she couldn't pursue her dream. Because she couldn't apply more pressure on her legs.

Even though she could not achieve her dreams she was satisfied with her life. She got a life she could not even dream of. A husband who was the real meaning of love always with her like a soul and her two adorable kids; Akansha and Shaurya.

Likewise, Sumi and Raj had a happy life. She forgave him because somewhat she was the sole reason behind his lie. And moreover she truly loved him. And they even had a daughter, Misha.

“Where did you get this?” Akansha asked.

“I stole it from mummy.” Misha applied lipstick on her lips.

“You stole it? What if she came to know about it?”

“She won't mind. She has a lot of lipstick.” Misha smiled, showing her all teeth. “You want to try this?” She asked her sister.

“I want but mummy will scold me.” Akansha said disappointingly. She knew that her mother would not like it.

“No, today she will not scold you.” Misha assured her and made her sit on a chair and ordered. “Close your mouth, will you?” Akansha did as she was told. 

“Done!” Misha turned her to the mirror.

Akansha looked at her reflection. “Now my lips are red.....”

“Now we are beautiful!!!” Misha squealed, hugging her from behind. Both of them were the same age, just three months difference.

“Misha....!!!” They heard Sumi's voice coming over to them.

“Mummy is coming.” Misha whispered. 

“What will we do?” Akansha asked, fearing about her aunt's response. 

“I don't know.” Misha said helplessly. 

“Mish--” Sumi stopped in the middle when she saw them. “Oh my god! What is this?”

“I am sorry, auntie.” Akansha quickly apologized. 

“Why did you say sorry?” Misha asked in a low tone. 

“Because it is her lipstick.” Akansha said. 

Sumi was looking at them while they whispered to each other.

“Hey! What discussion is going on there?” She folded her hands on her chest. “Where did you get that?” She asked her daughter.

“Mummy, I stole your lipstick. Because we want to look beautiful like you.” Misha took out one of her father's tricks to flatter her mother. 

Sumi almost melted in her daughter's words. She loved her beauty and her daughter smartly used it. “Who said you guys are not beautiful. You two are my Miss. World and Miss. Universal.” She embraced them. 

“We love you!!!” They said simultaneously and kissed her cheeks. 

“I love you too...” She returned the kiss. 

The two girls left her alone when they found Raj there. Sumi turned to the mirror and wiped the lipstick mark on her cheeks. 

“What are you doing, sweetheart?” Raj snaked his hands around her waist.

“Making a plan to kill you.” Sumi snapped. 

“Sumi...” Raj whined. “Are you still mad at me? I thought you had forgotten about our discussion last night.” He tucked her hair behind her ear.