f i v e

Soumya's life turned to blur as it was before he came to her little world. She became the old self gloomy. She didn't even try to message him again as she was warned by Sumi. Nevertheless, she kept checking on his profile, he was active there now and then but never he dropped a message.

She stared at his messages and read it again and again whenever she felt she was alone. Especially the one 'I am with you'. It's enough for her to be happy. She loved him through his words, not his face.

Now she began to accept Raj and Sumi's relationship. She believed that he would find her if he really loved her, but he did not find her yet. She consoled herself by telling him he was not born for her. She was aware of her limits, so she accepted reality.

She couldn't even blame her sister completely. Because she was equally guilty as her. She used her sister's photo instead of her. Now her sister took her place. Both of them cheated on him in some way. Therefore, they're even. If she could know one day he would come for her, she would not do that. And not only that Sumi was unaware of her feelings for him. For her, they're just chatting with friends.

~~~

They came to a movie theater where nobody's there except the four. Sumi and Raj were walking away holding their hands left behind the third wheels; Arun and Soumya. Arun parked the car, and as he was about to get out he turned to his other side.

“Ah... Sumi,” Soumya said.

Arun raised his eyebrow, “Do you need my help?”

“Actually I need her help. I think she has forgotten to take me out.” Soumya glanced outside hopefully as Sumi would be coming back.

“Probably she is,” he slid out and took out the wheelchair from the trunk and set it near her door.

She was gawking at him not getting what he was up to with her wheelchair. He opened the door and held out his hand, “come I help you.”

She stared at his extended hand with wide eyes. No way she would place her hand in his. “Thanks! But I can manage myself.”

He folded his hands across his chest looking down at her with a smile. He wanted to see how she could manage herself to get out. She threw a smile towards him before trying to get up. She couldn't lift her right leg as she felt heaviness on it. She didn't know why, but she couldn't do that. She kept trying but failed miserably. She could feel her body getting weak.

She whispered, “Sorry! I can't....” she lowered her head.

“Sorry is your favorite word?” He smirked. She raised her eyes, he's mocking her. “You always use that more than enough.”

She became a burden to him. He might be cursing her in his mind. She thought. “You can go. Maybe she will come back or I will sit here till when the movie ends.”

“Don't you know if you are sitting alone, you will be scared. That too in a closed car.” She was perplexed with his words. How did he know her fear of sitting alone? But his further statement made it clear. “It's a common thing, anyone gets scared of such situations.”

Her lips turned upwards. “Well, I will try again.” She again tried to lift her weight.

He had no time to waste here. He had to step in. “Wait,” he bent down and scooped her in his arms. Her eyes wide like a soccer ball. A shiver crawled upon her spine as his rough hands touched her. She was afraid of the reactions in her body as snow exploded in her stomach. He was the first one who took her in his arms. Perhaps it was her nervousness.