f o u r

“Sumi, do you think you have done it right?” Soumya argued. “You told me that you will introduce me to him. Then why did you not do that?” She hates her sister's selfish behavior.

“Just calm down my baby sister....” Sumi said as she comfortably sat on the bed. “Why are you shouting like I did something wrong?” She acted innocent.

“You think you are right?” Soumya asked, completely annoyed by her cool nature.

“Yes! I did the right thing. Or you tell me, how could I tell him in the first meeting my sister and I cheated on you. It's really difficult, Soumya.” Sumi justified herself.

“You could tell him the truth, if you want.” Soumya muttered. She knew that Sumi did that intentionally.

“You sound like I have stolen your boyfriend.” Sumi jumped in front of her like a tiger. “He's just your chatting friend, no. But you are behaving like I came as a villain into your perfect love story.”

That question stuck with her deeply. They were always behaving like good friends rather than lovers. Then why did she feel hurt?

“We are friends, nothing more.” Soumya claimed nothing more than friendship. But she knew that well, he's her special friend.

“I am also his friend. He himself said that. So you can't blame me.” Sumi stated.

“But you were cheating on him, taking my place.” Soumya rebuked.

“Last time I checked you were the one who told me to help you. Now I am a cheater?” Sumi chided, her sister's blaming really hurt her ego. “Soumya, you forget one thing, he's expecting my face here, not your good for nothing messages.”

Soumya gulped down the lump that formed in her throat as she realized the hidden meaning of her words. Sumi indirectly said that she was good for nothing. Somewhat she was right, nobody wanted a handicap girl as a partner.

“And let me clarify one more thing: I want to make friends with him. Don't try to ruin it with your stupid ego.” Sumi mercilessly threw on her harsh words.

Soumya's eyes began to moisten. What her sister declared her as a bad girl. “Sumi?”

“And we exchanged our numbers, so he is not going to be active there. Don't waste your time expecting him.” Sumi said firmly.

Soumya couldn't comprehend why her words hurt deeply as someone squeezed her heart. Today she had seen him for the first time and today she lost him as well. She said to herself she didn't deserve him. Days passed, Raj and Sumi were getting closer day by day. Day and night they're talking nonstop. They had even met again in the same without Soumya. Their friendship began to change as a love within days. Sumi was on cloud nine as she got her prince charming while Soumya was broken for losing her first love.

~~~

Sumi screamed running outside when she saw his car. “Raj....!!!” She literally jumped on him and hugged tightly.

“Sumi,” he kissed her cheek. They looked at each other lost in their own world forgetting others' presence.

“Are you ready for our first date?” He asked to keep some distance between them.