< eight >

< Forgive and Forget >

Robyn was instantly engulfed by a swarm of people around her, all walking like machines. No one said a word, no one placed a foot out of line. Robyn was surprised no one had caught sight of them sneaking in or how much they stuck out from the crowd. It was clear they wasn't from here, but no questions were asked.

Robyn followed closely to Gally, making sure she followed the path the people around her were taking. She tried to keep her head low, catching sight of masks that covered the majority of people's faces.

As she walked, she could feel a hand brush up against hers before it gently held it. She peered over her shoulder, noticing Newt staring ahead, swinging their arms slightly. Robyn couldn't help but feel worried about him, recently he hadn't been himself, but she tried not to let the thought consume her. They were going through rough times. He had every right to not feel like himself.

"This way" Gally whispered, leading them away from the crowd of people and up a pair of empty steps.

The three of them took off quickly, making sure no one saw them as they moved away. Robyn hurried up the steps, keeping hold of Newt until the whole city came into view.

Robyn could feel her jaw drop to the floor. The city was stunning. Ocean blue lights scattered across the tall glass buildings, shining brightly onto the floor around them. Trains went by, speeding in between each building, filled with people. Lights from people's apartments shone brightly, each telling a different story. Thousands of people lived around them, living in luxury, whilst the rest of the world suffered.

"Wow" Was all that Robyn could say, as she looked around with her mouth wide open. It made her have a weird feeling - whilst she lived on basics, in small huts, fighting for her life everyday, people were here. The world had two very different sides. Two sides that were far from equal.

"This is a long way from the Glade" Newt looked around in shock.

A bell chimed over the speakers that inhibited every corner, 'fifteen minutes until mandatory curfew"

Sirens blared around them and cars sped along the roads. It seemed like the whole city was controlled.

"Yeah, we better get off these streets" Gally told them all, "I know it's hard but.." He shrugged his shoulders, "Pretend like you've seen it before"

Gally took off once again, leaving the other three to share glances. They were all feeling the same.

.....

Sirens blared around them as the group ran across roads after roads, hiding themselves in the darkness every time a car came into view. Apart from that, the streets were deserted. It felt so lonely as Robyn ran, especially with the size of the city. To see no one around was a bit strange.