Chapter 1

A lot can happen during a lifetime. Some things more good and some more bad. But I can tell you right now that whatever some of you may have experienced is far more common to the path my life has been going down for the past Year. Question?Ever been stalked by a sick psychopath? Yeah, it sounds insane but let me start from the beginning before all of this shit started to take place.

Y/N POV
I woke up to the annoying ring tone of my alarm clock.
It read 4 PM and it felt like a minute ago, when I lay down to sleep, after coming home from a long and dreadful nightshift.
But what can I say, living and breathing air is fucking expensive.
I needed to pay my landlord the rest of my overdue rent this week so it didn't matter if I felt like going to work or not.
So I managed to get up, sprinted to the shower and got myself ready for my next shift at Danny's Pizza Palace.
It wasn't a great job and I had a weird feeling almost everyone who came into the restaurant was having a bad day, but what can I say ..it pays very well.
I looked into the mirror that was hanging from a wall in my hallway when I examined my outfit.
I wore my favorite pair of low top vans with little flowers all over them, a short tennis skirt and an oversized hoodie.
I quickly threw my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my house keys and made my way outside.
The city was still new to me and I didn't really have all the shortcuts memorized yet, but luckily I still managed to be on time for the shift.
"Hey sweet cheeks! Great to have you support me today, I was afraid I'd have to deal with all the maniacs alone.."
Oh I forgot to tell you about Barbara.
She was the only female co-worker including me and we clicked right away.
I smiled brightly at her.
"Good to see you too Barb. So how is it going anything exciting happens yet?"
She scooted her big glasses up her nose and scoffed at me.
"What do you think? It's completely dead except for a drunk homeless dude who decided to pee everywhere but the actual toilet - now guess who had the honor to deal with that."
I scrunched my nose up in disgust and just walked over into the back, to my locker.
I put on my neatly folded Danny's apron and walked behind the counter, to serve the next customers.
The rest of the day was slow and I checked the clock almost every five minutes.
Then I wanted to start cleaning the greasy tables, when the store door bell rang once more and I saw a tall, muscular guy approaching the front desk. Before I could walk over to take his order Barb came around the corner and handled it already.
I didn't think about it any longer and went on with wiping down the remaining tables.
I suddenly felt someone staring at me.
I looked up and was met with a pair of blue eyes.
I noticed his gaze at me and I don't know why but it had something intimidating about it.
I smiled at him and tried to be nice.
He slightly smirked back at me and I carried on with my business.
When I was done and needed to dispose the dirty water, I bumped into something hard.
I almost fell on my butt, if it wasn't for the person in front of me that held my arm up with a strong grip. "Oh I'm so sorry I didn't pay attention where I was going!"
I said apologetic and looked up.
It was the guy from earlier.
Standing so close to him I could study his face features a lot more.
He had a very sharp jaw line and crazy white teeth, was slightly tanned and overall looked like a very dominant but utterly attractive man.
He couldn't been much older than me.
"It's no big deal, something caught your attention eh?",
he grinned up at me and let go of my arm again.
"U-um yeah I guess so haha.."
I gulped and tried hiding my red face by looking down at the floor.
I felt him brush my shoulder with his hand, making me face him.
"It's was great to finally meet you tho."
He calmly said and winked at me, making his way out of the store.
I was so startled by the sudden movement that I just gazed after him with a surprised look on my face. "What the hell was that?",
Barb whispered in my ear, suddenly staying besides me.
"I-I don't know. Who was that?",
I asked her, while slowly coming back to my senses. "His name is Billy Hargrove, I went to the same school as him. A popular, bad boy kind of guy who didn't let a single chance slip to bring a girl home with him. But then he disappeared and after three months or so I saw him getting a milkshake here. Since then he's almost a regular. But I've never seen him act like this...it was almost frightening to watch him stare at you."
She said and awkwardly chuckled.
I was about to carry on walking when I stopped dead in my tracks.
He said it was great to "finally" meet me.
How long did he knew me for?
I got shivers send down my spine.
Barb who was already back behind the counter and finishing a pizza order, noticed my blank expression.
"Hey Y/N? Are you okay? You look kind of pale?"
I chuckled nervously.
"No I'm great. Um actually I'd need to go to the restroom real quick tho."
She just gave me an confused nod and watched me speed walk away.
After that nothing out of the ordinary happened anymore and at 10 PM I could finally go home.
I said my goodbyes to Barbara and went into the dark streets of Hawkins.
Not even five minutes into my walk I noticed distant footsteps behind me.
I didn't think anything of it and just kept on walking.
It was a really cold night and I hugged myself to keep me warm.
Right when I crossed into my street I caught up to the sound of someone walking behind me again and I turned around but couldn't see anybody, just the narrow street that was illuminated by an old rusty street lamp.
I quickly fiddled for the keys in my bag and frantically closed the door behind me.
I was breathing heavy and was really scared.
I had a feeling someone is following me.
That was just my mind playing games right?
After I went inside my apartment I could practically feel the wave of exhaustion coming over me and I honestly dreaded still taking a shower this late.
I dropped my clothes onto the floor and did my hygiene routine.
When I was done the whole bathroom was filled with fog.
I wanted to grab my tooth brush when I let out a high pitch scream.
This can't be real.
On my bathroom window, on the fogged up glass someone wrote a message.
"Next time wait for me, so I can keep you warm - "

-C