Chapter Fourteen : Past and Present

TW: There is some a short mention of blood in this chapter

By the time Y/N had gotten back, the sun was already starting to go down. Everyone was gathered there in the dining room, Aphmau talking to someone who looked like Michi, but as a guy.

She tilted her head, thinking she had probably missed something major.

So many people-

Her short thought was interrupted by a guard running into the room, going over to talk to Nicole. He said rather loudly and urgently, "LORD NICOLE! COME QUICKLY! OUTSIDE OUR GATES! THOSE MONSTERS ARE BACK AND IN GREATER NUMBERS!!"

That sounds worrying-

They all ran out the gate, including Laurance who had just caught up with Y/N, glancing over at her apologetically.

What she was feeling for Laurance, it confused her.

She can't tell if it's love.

She only assumed so since it's an unfamiliar emotion.

The love one feels for family and friends is very different from what one feels when they are attracted to that person.

She couldn't bring herself to admit it. Even to herself. However, deep down, she knew she had feelings for him.

Those were buried under her straight face as she stood in front of the gate. Through the gaps, to her terror, she could see dark figures. They all seemed to be the same thing.

Their looks scared her, but not knowing what they were scared her even more.

"This is bad! There are too many of them!"

Katelyn looks over at her, eye wide, "How often has this been happening?!"

"Enough to make them this mad apparently!"

The guy with the purple hair shouts, sounding terrified, "MY PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE!"

Laurance steps over, standing by Nicole, "Let me handle this.."

Y/N froze when he said that.. he wasn't going to.. turn into a shadow knight again.. right?

"Let me help you-" Y/N and Aphmau blurted out at the same time.

Y/N took out her dagger and someone handed Aphmau a sword.

"Let's go then," Laurance quickly changed into his Shadow Knight form, Nicole going to open the gate. 

Y/N grips the handle of her dagger, ready to fight. Laurance steps out first, only to stop right in his tracks.

"Laurance?" Y/N grabs his attention but when he turns around, his eyes are a bright red. His expression is one of someone in a hypnotic state. He stared blankly at Y/N . His expression changed quickly as he raised his sword at Y/N who dropped her dagger in shock

"Laurance no!" Y/N yelled, shielding herself with her arms, not wanting to hurt Laurance.

Fortunately, the mysterious guy stepped in, calmly hitting Laurance with the hilt of his sword, knocking him out. Once he was knocked out, it was only a matter of time before he turned back.

Y/N dragged his heavy body back into the safety within the walls. She sat near a fence, Laurance's body leaning all of its weight on her. She didn't mind.

Aphmau started arguing quietly with the mysterious man, glancing over at Y/N every once in a while. While the others dealt with the things. Y/N sat with Laurance, who had started to regain consciousness.