Fallen Petal

*Knock knock*

There was a pause.

*Knock knock*

Then another.

Just as Eli was about to get up he found the door being bombarded by restless knocks. He felt as Aesop stirred in his arms, also being awoken by the attack on the wooden door.

"You stay there, I'll answer it" Eli mumbled, quickly standing up from the bed.

It was still quite late, seeing as the sun hadn't shone at all. Eli yawned as he stretched, finally making his way to answer the door.

In the doorway stood Mike, beaming.

Eli's eyes widened. Stood beside him was a familiar looking woman.

"I would've woken Emily up but you usually help with the new survivor stuff" Mike said, a grin still wide across his face.

The woman gave Eli a small wave, seeming to be more on the shy side.

"Hi" was all she said to the tired Seer.

Just as Eli was about to speak, his words were interrupted by the Embalmers.

"Tell them to go away" he mumbled, sitting up to peak at the door.

He too saw the woman, but was too tired and annoyed to care.

Mikes smile faltered for a moment.

"Eli does he know about earlier?" Mike asked as he peeked his head through the door.

Eli shook his head, as Annie stood perplexed.

Eli looked back to the woman, something about her lingered. Nonetheless he stuck his hand out to her, wanting to properly greet her.

"Eli Clark" he stated, watching as the woman took his hand.

"Annie Lester" she answered in return, giving the man a nod.

Eli couldn't help but wonder if she knew what she had signed up for, deciding to test her knowledge.

"What'd you come here for exactly?"

Annie looked down.

"I heard rumor of scammers, I came to investigate for my business"

"Business?" Eli asked.

Mike quickly took over for the woman, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah she's a toy merchant, she's got a shop and everything, makes tons!"

Eli was no longer smiling.

"Is everything ok?" She asked the Seer.

He once again shook his head.

"Mike just take her to Emily, she's better at explaining this stuff" Eli looked back to Aesop before he was ready to shut the door "introduce her to the others while you're at it".

And as the door shut the conversation ended, Eli making his way back to Aesop. He had already fallen back to sleep, Eli sitting at the foot of the bed.

He looked to the sleeping man and shook his head.

"Merchants" he mumbled.

The Seer tried to pin point what was so familiar about her, quickly remembering the nights prior visions.

She was the one screaming, calling out for help.

Calling out Aesop's name.

What did it all mean? He wasn't sure. Maybe something happened to her?Maybe she did something to him?